GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can it save them? If so, how is that done, please?

Thanks,
David M.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
No, I don't think I remember seeing an option to save or load a route...

Somebody who's actually routed with one will chime in I'm sure.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Nope it's junk , tell honda on your new owners survey all about it, not doing anything it should.......maybe junk is a harsh remark but for what We paid for heated seat, handlebar heaters, and Navi it's a real rip off to what it should be, and they still haven't came up witha fix which should be a free firmware update

G

·
David,

You cannot save routes. The Honda GPS is not junk it is a very good simple machine for Geezers and other absent minded, computer or gadget challenged drivers and riders. It is first and foremost an automotive GPS and has only those features you would find on any good automotive GPS. You save destinations and "waypoints" called "vias" by Honda. It is very easy to program and relatively quick except for those that think they are "Power Users". It has many advantages over add on units that do everything. It will not spoil your meal with your riding partner since you have to leave it outside. But it will spoil your ride if you don't turn off the sound in the out back. It has some problems that Honda has not let Garmin fix yet, but I bet they will.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts