GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Granpa,

That "THING" is definitely not my style. I think that my physical proportions have overtaken those of the Griffon.

It does have some pretty good technology, incorporated from the automobile industry.

Hopefully I will get to see one at the NY bike show tomorrow.

Bulldog

·
Registered
116 Posts
This looks like something that will appeal to women who want a bike that they don't have to shift. Takes the Silverwing scooter to a whole new level. Piper

·
Registered
336 Posts
Grandpa

Maybe someone could design some footpegs. Looks like my legs sure would get tired holding up my big boots all days. :a13:

Jerry

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
You never know, it's a 750 cc automatic, flat 4 cyl, kind of a very modern grown up scooter. It should appeal to co-riders wanting their own bikes, and of course there are some riders who want an automatic so they don't have to shift.

It's a very interesting concept, I wouldn't be surprised if a similar bike shows up in a year or two, styling will probably be toned down a bit.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Got our RedRider mag yesterday. Susan read the artical on the Griffon and flipped over it. She likes the styling and especially the automatic trans. Now she want's to see one live and in person. I guess she don't want a Silverwing any more. :roll:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
LED lights make sense because of the low. low current draw, but I wonder how they solved the narrow beam situation that all LED's I've seen have? I really kind of like the rear view cameras instead of mirrors, two less things out in the wind stream and to get scratched up while parked in the garage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Be curious to see the Price. :?: I Bought a silverwing and it is a fun toy. :p I ride it more than I thought I would. Want to see the Griffin in person before I make up my mind about swapping the Silverwing for it.. Would Like more power. :twisted:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts