GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Honda heated grips last night. My ride to work this morning was 30 degrees and the grips worked great. My question is about the controller. The panel shows distinctive red dots that i assumed would have detent positions on the switch itself. However my switch seems to have many more detents than there are red dots. It seems to be more of a continuously variable type adjustment with stops at each end. Is this normal or should there only be detent positions at the red dots?

·
Registered
421 Posts
On my Honda Line heated grip controller there is a detent at each red dot and also one between the dots. Starting with the control set at low there are 6 detents.

I agree, they do work good.......lots of heat on the high setting.

·
Registered
106 Posts
There is a small spring type clip that rides on the handle to give some resistance to the feel. It has detents so it does'nt change due to bumps in the road. No big deal as long as it works.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GL05 said:
On my Honda Line heated grip controller there is a detent at each red dot and also one between the dots. Starting with the control set at low there are 6 detents.

I agree, they do work good.......lots of heat on the high setting.
Thanks for the info. Mine is the same, one extra detent between each of the dots. 28 degrees on my ride to work this morning and my hands were nice and toasty. I wish I had added these grips last winter!

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
The only thing I don't like about hondaline grips..At night, you can't see the darn thing. :? :?

later..Randy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts