GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Honda geated grips and they heat up a little even when off while the bike is warming up. They are too hot on low to use my thin gloves. Is this something that happens often. I'm not too happy with these HIGH PRICED grips. Anyone else had problems with the Honda Heated Grips? I had the Hot Grips on my 1500, with a reostatic switch, and it worked flawlessly. Thanks, John

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
John U have a problem

You really do have a problem with them. Holly & I both have them & use them a lot. They should NOT put out any heat when they are turned off. When on low there is very little heat that comes out of them. On coald days we both start out with them on high until they get real warm them turn them down below 1/2 to stay warm. Either something is not hooked up right or you have a defected pair of grip heaters.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Sounds like a defective controller................

The Honda heated grips worked flawlessly on bike bike for 3 years...................recently yanked them out and installed the Dual Star units with the Kuryakyn Iso-Grips.
I still use the Honda controller to adjust the heat of the Dual Star units...................works very nice and looks good.

·
Registered
136 Posts
No problem with mine. Measured the resistance before installation and found .222 and .223. both are equal in heat and work fine... so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts