GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know my member name is MN04CandyRed, but since paying for a 2004 Candy Red out of dealer stock (not setup yet), my S.O. and I have changed our minds and opted for the Candy Black Cherry. (New member name in order I guess... )

Anyway the dealer is telling us that he cannot get this color from Honda until LATE May or early June!!!!!!! :shock: Honda told him they have intentionally put in a production gap on this color and will not be releasing it until more of the 2003's are sold. I called Honda and mentioned to them that I'm not interested in a 2003 and no dealer incentive could talk me into one. The Honda customer service employee first stated this color was not in production yet!!!!!!? I then told him about the message boards and of all the CBC's around the country I've heard about on these boards. He then did mention the production gap and advised depending on when the dealer placed the order, we may see it Mid May!!! I reminded him the bike is PAID for and I'm sure they would rather sell me a 2004 CBC Honda Goldwing, than for me to get my check back and head over to Yamaha or HD..... I can see halting shipments of non-sold units to the dealers with large volumes of 2003's remaining. Has anyone else heard of this issue ?? What to do??

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Let me get this straight. You have paid for the bike already ? And havent even seen it yet ? There's no doubt what I would do ! I would go to my dealer ? Tell him I'm not pleased ? And give him a date! Telling him it's not my fault and it's not your fault, but if Honda doesnt have a CBC 1800 bike by ( Date ) I WILL be back for my money. End of story. Heck if your going to wait for an 04 ? Wait a little more and get an 05 ! I wouldn't mess with them.

·
Registered
149 Posts
CBC local

Our local dealer here in Garner, NC has a CBC on the floor. You might want to ask your dealer if he can't find one for you from another dealer's stock. It will cost him a little but you might get your bike sooner.

Ride safe

·
Registered
43 Posts
Candy Black Cherry

I ordered my 04 CBC in the middle of January and picked it up last week. The dealer told me it was a good thing I ordered when I did or I couldn't
have gotten one until June.
John

·
Registered
451 Posts
I wanted a CBC also and was told the same thing. It would be at least May if he could get one at all. :( I opted for the Candy Red and I am liking the color more each time it look at it. :D Besides I didn't want to wait to get a Wing.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Huge decision, change the Handle or change the color?

I think the Candy Red is awesome, but then we don't want to many in the area right? :D Just messing with ya, hope it all works out for ya. Did Larson's in Cambridge have one?

After getting my first one, I think you'd be disappointed switching to Yamaha or HD, they ride pretty sweet. I got 250 miles on it last weekend, this 8" snow today and weather for the weekend kinda killed any chance for getting out again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's interesting about the production halt. I figured something might be going on when I ordered my Candy Black Cherry in December last year and didn't get until the end of January. The dealer said they had a hard time finding an ABS CBC. Mine was shipped out of St Louis, MO and I'm very happy to have it. Unless you're in a hurry to get a bike - it's worth the time to get the color you want. JMHO

Mark Luketic (Savage)
Boerne, Texas
'04 Candy Black Cherry
'00 Valkyrie Tourer
'99 Valkyrie Standard
'94 Virago (wife's ride)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was told the same thing about my 04 Titanium ABS. It was to be delievered two weeks ago but my dealer said Honda back ordered it until the end of May. But I could get an 03 Silver ABS for $500 less. That's no deal! The price on a gl1800 ABS went up $700 this year.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey MnXWinger & algarv,

Larson's is the dealer I'm currently working with, Mike Larson to be exact. I trust him and after calling Honda myself I'm very frustrated. I can certainly see them holding back shipments for dealers to put on their floors, especially if they have too many 2003's remaining, but to hold back a bike that's sold??? Unbelievable!! I'm going to get in contact with the local Honda Dealer Rep and try to get something going. I'm in no big hurry right now, especially with the 7+ inches of snow we received yesterday, as you mentioned. :cry:

algarv, I will be calling MotoPrimo this morning and if the bike is still there then I will call my dealer and see what he can do.

But I will not wait past April, the bike has been out 6 months and the 2005's due in 6 months.... no reason for any delays in a shipment of a sold bike.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Dealer Swap

MN04CandyRed

Good luck on getting a dealer to dealer swap. My dealer found several CBC bikes :D but none of the other dealers would let the CBC go :( , that why I opted for the Candy Red :D . Good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Silver Fox and algarv,

Thanks Silver Fox, that's what I was afraid of.... knowing they can sell that color for a premium and not trading with another dealer will make this mssion even harder.

algarv, called MotoPrimo in Burnsville this morning and they advised they only have the Candy Red on the floor and not the Candy Black Cherry. Thanks for posting anyway.... If you happen to see one in the Twin Cities area in upcoming weeks, give me a note....

Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
My dealer let another dealer have a candy red off the floor this week, and then found out his next one, a CBC won't be delivered until June.
He's ticked, especially since the 05's are apt to show up in July.

:rat: Bake

·
Registered
376 Posts
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but as far as American Honda Motor Co. is concerned, they have not been paid for your bike, That transaction takes place between an authorized franchisee and AHM and is signified by the transfer of a manufacturer's certificate of origin. You can talk to the Honda district rep until you're blue in the face but it is unlikely that AHM wil crank up the production line for one bike. It is simply a business decision. With possibly millions of dollars tied up in unsold inventory, production is cut until inventory levels drop. The fact that Honda still has unsold 2001 Valkyries sitting in crates in the USA and lots of 2003 GW on sales floors (and probably in crates as well) means that there is no more new product for a while. It doesn't mean that they hate you or wish you would go away, it's simply business. Your best bet is to find a dealer that has what you want and go from there.

markie

·
Registered
274 Posts
I guess I was really lucky ( or the time will show what I really was ) :lol:

After searching for one week I found my 04 CBC with ABS which was the only Wing with ABS on the floor and received by the dealer (Milpitas Honda, CA) the day I called. Well next day I was on the road to pick it up.
Paid cash got the bike and left the dealership within 24 hours.

I guess that was the right (and lucky) decision on my part.

Hope you have your choice of color ASAP.

Ride safe,

·
Registered
274 Posts
2004 Honda Goldwing Candy Black Cherry with ABS :wink:

Only 200 miles on it!!!! :D

Rear Speakers - Installed :D

Driving Lights Included - Purchased but not installed yet. :D :D

Chrome Grip Ends installed - Originals will be included too... :D

for an immediate SALE for ONLY 27,500.00 ( Thanks to mother Honda ) :wink:

Well, if you guys think I ask too much than wait until xx/xx/xxxx and suffer everytime another CBC passes by you. :lol:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would change dealers. A good dealer that has been around awhile should be able get a CBC from another dealer. They don't want to pay for a dealer transfer.
Randy F
Concord, NC

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jim, You're KILLING me here!!!! :cus:

Time is on my side for at least another month..... :snow1:

Going to try and place a call to Torrance, Calif this week and see what's up. I still can't believe I can't get a 2004 CBC. The color is listed on their website, on their pamphlets and the 2004 has only been out 6 months....

Still have the Candy Red on reserve though....both are great colors.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm guessing that you've checked with Tousley and they don't or can't get one either? How about the Hitching Post?

Check any dealers in nearby Wisconny?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts