GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure someone on this board has attended Honda Homecoming in Marysville Ohio. I know there is great riding in Ohio but how is the event itself. Thanks in advance

H

·
0 Posts
We have been the last three years as a vendor. It has its own style and the plant tours are worth it in my mind. Plus all of the other stuuf they do in the surrounding communities.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I went through the Honda plant way back in '81. I'm going to the Honda Homecoming this year for the first time and can't wait to go through the plant again. Besides the plant tour what other events take place? Is there a web site to look over???

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have been there the last two years and I enjoy it. The plant tours are good, there are rides, demo ride by Honda, displays, bike shows, attractions, and much more. Two surrounding communties have vendor areas, parade of bikes with lights, and all sot of things and food. Their is even a breakfast in the woods cooked over a campfire for a different experience.
I really enjoy at over the BIG events, there are plenty of bikes and people but no where as crowded as them. There is plenty to do and see in a more relaxed enviroment.
For the MOST part it is free! You pay a small fee for some of the runs or rides, food and such but the main Honda event is free.

I'll be there again this year too! Hope to see some of you there! I'll have the Pearl Orange Goldwing with the custom Corvette cargo trailer.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I am going to try and make it this year. It sounds like a lot of fun. I have been through the corvette factory and it is neat to see just how they assemble any kind of vehicle.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
I was disappointed with the advance information that was provided for last year's Homecoming. The Honda Homecoming website was next to useless until they finally updated it with the final schedule. The problem was, they updated it with the final schedule only about 3 weeks before the event.

Email to the Homecoming email address went largely unanswered. After 3 or 4 tries, I finally did get a response with a schedule of events.

Although I was planning to attend, I wasn't able to last year. I had my oil filter punctured and my coolant overflow tank cracked by a piece of road debris, two days before I was planning to depart.

HOWEVER, I just now checked the Honda Homecoming website (www.hondahomecoming.com) and there is already a significant amount of information about the events scheduled this year, in a .pdf file. Plus, there is a place to enter an email address, to be contacted with updated information.

There will be tours of the auto plants this year. :clap2: That is something that hasn't been available for a number of year.

It looks to me that there is a lot more effort going into the Homecoming this year. I already have my motel room reserved, and plan to be there this year.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Orangerush/Bill Ellis, I will be looking for you with that Corvette trailer. I own a Corvette and have also been through the Corvette plant. Been through the Gold Wing plant, too, but it's been a long time. Look for a black 2001 with matching Bushtec with PA plates.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mailman

I will be there for sure with the Corvette trailer again this year. Also in April 22 - 24th I'll be at the Corvette plant and Museum for the C5/C6 Birthday Bash in Bowling Green, KY. I'll take the Corvette and the trailer to the Birthday Bash.
So just look for the Pearl Orange Goldwing with the Corvette trailer painted Nassau Blue with ghost flames!

See ya there!

·
Registered
846 Posts
We haven't been to the Homecoming since 97, the last time I believe that they gave a tour of the East Liberty auto plant. Looks like its time for another visit. I just made a reservation at the Hampton Inn at Marysville.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
it seems to me that a plant tour would be worth the trip by itself. i love to watch on discovery how things are made, etc.

since its the only way to get in, ill try to make it.

loren

·
Registered
188 Posts
i will be coming to the homecoming with a group of 10 from batavia NY. leaving on wensday. this will be my first so i cant wait. i will look you up hal..hope you will be at your vendor site when i get there..lol we are staying at the comfort inn in bellefontaine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have had a great time everytime I go up threre and I dont even own a wing or a Honda for that matter. Good people and good rides. Im going to get a Wing - one of these days.
Jim

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Keep in mind when planning, that the plant is idle on Saturdays and Sundays. Those two days are self guided tours of the plant. If you want to see the plant in full production, be there on Friday. I have been there the past three years and can't seem to get there in time to do the Friday tour.

Larry

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
OK you guys have me convinced that it is a must go trip. I only live about three or four hours away. All I will have to do is convince my boss I will need the day off. The end of the month can be a bad time for me.

Now I have to find some info on camping. I hope gas is not 3.00 a gallon by then.......... :) :) :x :x

There are so many places to go and see, how does one do it all :?: :?:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts