GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WE plan on going to the Hoot in June and have looked on Google and the Hoot website and frankly we don't find very good camping info. Never been to the Hoot in Knoxville and can't find any specifics on camping locations relative to the Hoot activities. Some of the sites are 40 miles from Knoxville :?: :?: I am sure and have faith there is help out there even though I have only been on this board since Jan 1 :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
There are some campgrounds in Sevierville and Pigeon Forge which are about 30 minutes east of Knoxville off of Interstate 40. Sevierville and Pigeon Forge are also very close to Gatlinburg which is a fun place to visit (lots of souvenir shops and places to eat).

Look at this site-http://www.gocampingamerica.com/directory/tennessee.html

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just looked in my Trailer Life campground guide and there are 9 campgrounds listed for Knoxville and the surrounding area.

If you do a lot of camping, a campground guide is a must!

·
Registered
368 Posts
The last time I camped while attending the Hoot I stayed at Elkmont campground in the GSMNP. It is a beautiful campground with secluded sites for tent campers. There are a couple of drawbacks, there are no shower facilities and you have to keep your food away from the bears. I also got the impression that the park rangers aren't that happy to see motorcycles in their campground. The campgrounds in Pigeon Forge and Seveirville seem to be for RVs and not tent campers. If you don't mind to ride in the mountains, the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground is at Cruso, NC, just a couple of miles off the Blue Ridge Parkway, however it is closer to Asheville than Knoxville.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. I do not have a campground guide, but I will get one. That is probably the answer :!:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Camping

Check out the TN State Parks. Most of them, like Norris, Cove Lake, and such (those are north of Knoxville off I-75) have camping for a very reasonable amount. There are no reservations, but they are clean, have facilities and such. There is a website for the State Parks. I am in a crunch time or I could provide the site. If no one gives it to you anytime soon, I'll list it in a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts