GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new to the idea of running arround the country to motorcycle gathering. i see there is going to be a honda hoot later on this year.

so what can i expet to see there.

will there be a huge vendor area with all kinds of wing stuff, and people to install it on my bike.

loren

·
Registered
309 Posts
Where is everyone staying this year while in Knoxville. I stayed at the Howard Johnsons the year before last but would like to stay where the majority of the group will be.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Loren you will love it. There is plenty to see, lots and lots of vendors, it will take you two days just to see them all. You are in great riding country with beautiful mountains and scenery.
You can buy just about anything for the wing and go to an intaller there and have it properly installed. Alot of the vendors have their own excellent installers.
I stayed at Motel 6 at exit 7 or six , I forget but Lewis suggested it and it is just fine for the trip to Hoot, which is only like 5 miles if that. Close to the blue ridge parkway and any where else you want to go. The Hoot even has rides planned that you can get involved with. Also all the other bike companies bring bike for test rides.
Hope this helps alitlle. Joy

·
Registered
613 Posts
It's a Hoot!

Loren,
Check out http://groups.msn.com/GenePatsGoldwingTrips. I have pictures taken from the last 3 Honda Hoots, but had to make room for other pictures, so took the 2001 and 2002 pictures off. I still have pictures from the 2003 Hoot on the site.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Go to www.hondahoot.com for the full schedule. Don't be afraid to preregister for the events. They usually feed you pretty good. The toughest part is deciding what to participate in. Last year we did the Dam ride and fish fry, the Bushtec trailer tours, the riverboat breakfast cruise, the spagetti dinner for the Knoxville P.D. The free BBQ at the Appalachian Museum was not to be missed also.
We stayed at the Marriott which was the headquarters for the Hoot. Cost wasn't much more than alot of other places and they had 24 hour security watching the bikes.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Also GL1800 riders breakfast!

Don't forget that there was a great breakfast!

I'm trying to decide what my "big" trip will be this year-other than Wing Ding and the Jubilee. I'm giving some consideration to going back to Knoxville for the Hoot. The Blue Ridge Pkway was great.

·
Registered
613 Posts
If y'all want to see my photos of Hoots in 2001, 2002 and 2003, visit http://www.webshots.com and do a search for member "goldwingpapa". I've got mine up there.
We may not make it this year...not sure yet. We are making a trip to Nova Scotia in July, so we have to see if there will be enough uncommitted money for the trip to the Hoot in June. I'm sure that if my son wants to make the trip to his first Hoot with his Shadow ACE, I'll make a way to tag along, though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Last year at the Hoot I stayed at the Southlake RV Park. It is South of town. Probably 7 or 8 miles from the rally site. It is rustic with dirt/gravel roads throughout but ended up with 5 or 6 other Hoot tent campers with their tents pitched near mine and we had a good time. It did get a little muddy the first day when the rain came down in buckets.

Their phone number is 865-573-1837

You'll likely have a great time wherever you stay.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts