GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get enough information together on the HH to try and convince my wife it would be worth doing, and worth lumping in with our first anniversary. The HH website leaves much to be desired so we ordered the brochure but I would like to get the lowdown from people that have been to it.

Is it worth the trip? Much else around there after you leave the area? We are in Virginia so I thought the 550 miles or so would make a nice first long trip for us.

Thanks,
Danny

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've gone last four years...always enjoy it, however we now just spend one day at the booths, usually get a cabin in Pigoen Forge or Gatlinburg and spend most of the weekend riding around the Smokies...it's all about riding with friends for a bunch of Hillbillies from Ky.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Hello.............................HECK YEA.....Got to go to the EC breakfast..........LEWIS??????????????????????????.....chuck

F

·
0 Posts
I went last year for the first time. Took my family along and made a weeklong vacation of it. Met a number of people from this forum for a ride organized by Bartman. He planned a ride on some great roads. Finished up with some ice cream (I had a raspberry shake :wink: Mmmm!)

I'd go again as there are some (MANY!) great riding roads down there. I only participated in one organized HOOT ride as there was so much to do, I didn't want to get too tied down having to be specific places on specific days. It does get extremely warm and humid during that time of year, so plan to ride early in the day. The hottest part of the day we spent poolside at the hotel. The family did also attend the fireworks downtown which was fantastic. That's the nice thing about the Hoot, you can do as little or as much as you want.

The picture below was during that week and taken on The Dragon". That day my 14 year old son was riding with me. (Yes, he's taller than me. I'm 6'1", he's 6'3") Wonder how big he'll be when he grows up? :lol:

PS. Be sure to attend the EC Breakfast also. Watch for a thread about it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ya gotta go at least once!!! It was a lot of fun. The riverboat breakfest was fun and of course your near some of the best riding east of the rockies!! My 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I already made my room reservations - this makes year 3 for me.

The first and second year (05 / 06) I went with the HOOT criteria and enjoyed every ride. I don't know who scopes the rides but they do a bang up job of it. Not one bad road yet in those two years.

This "may" be the first year with the wife along - she will be flying in after I get there (something about not being able to sit that LONG on the back of the bike yada yada yada LOL) and I am doing some searching on the internet and brochures I picked up last year at the hotel.

AND you have to go to the EC / HDL breakfast!

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
We went last year and plan to return this year. Last year we signed up and did not spend much time at the Hoot events. This year the plan is to NOT sign up for the Hoot, go down meet with friends, Ride, Ride, and Ride some more. I will probably spend a little bit of time at the vendors and then of coures the EC Breakfast and now a BBQ.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I plan to go to the HH in a year or two. That will be after i retire again. I plan to do a lot of riding after i retire.

·
Registered
386 Posts
THis will be our 7th time at the HOOT if your going book a room now they are going fast we always stay downtown thats were everything goes on at night so you can park your bike at the hotel an walk to everything....Ralph

1 - 11 of 11 Posts