GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's over, it's gone. I am leaving the original post down below as evidence of what the deal was cause I can see we have a few that didn't send the VIN and we can't get in touch with them.

Honda announced that they are raising the price effective February, 1, 2007 on the Honda Protection Plan. But they aren't releasing the new price sheets until the end of the week.

So here is what we will do. Coupon code XL6714 can be used on the online store and you can buy the warranty for $399 but you can only do it before 4PM eastern time tomorrow (January 31). We need you to include your VIN in the comment section at the end of the order. Failure to do any of these will cause us to not process the paperwork. We have to enter everything by 6PM when we leave tomorrow (Wednesday).

Not available to residents of Florida.

So, If you want to do this you must:

1. Do it by 4PM eastern time tomorrow (Wednesday)
2. Include the VIN in the comment/shipping section at the end
3. Include the code of XL6714 in the coupon section

This way you will save $60.00 plus whatever amount Honda raises the price.

Sorry that you don't have much time to react but we just got the announcement. There are no exceptions to our 4PM eastern time deadline.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I figured they would raise the price some time soon. If they were cutting back on any warranty claims then the next step is to raise the cost for the consumer. Thanks Hal for the heads up. We both bought our extended warranty a long time ago. Yes, it has paid for itself about 10 fold for us.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dtbmjax - aka Bartman said:
Even for those of us in Florida?

Come on Hal....you'll sell a bunch!

Bartman
As noted above:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BlueWing said:
I figured they would raise the price some time soon. If they were cutting back on any warranty claims then the next step is to raise the cost for the consumer. Thanks Hal for the heads up. We both bought our extended warranty a long time ago. Yes, it has paid for itself about 10 fold for us.
This is the last place I expected a discussion. If the cost of parts goes up then the cost of providing the warranties has to go up.

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
[quote="dtbmjax - aka Bartman":3rf48ikw]Even for those of us in Florida?

Come on Hal....you'll sell a bunch!

Bartman
As noted above:

Not available to residents of Florida.[/quote:3rf48ikw]

Sorry Hal. Missed that part. I was too excited.

Bartman

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Just out of curiousity, what is the current retail price of the extended warranty?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Honda announced that they are raising the price effective February, 1, 2007 on the Honda Protection Plan. But they aren't releasing the new price sheets until the end of the week.

So here is what we will do. Coupon code XL6714 can be used on the online store and you can buy the warranty for $399 but you can only do it before 4PM eastern time tomorrow (January 31). We need you to include your VIN in the comment section at the end of the order. Failure to do any of these will cause us to not process the paperwork. We have to enter everything by 6PM when we leave tomorrow (Wednesday).

So, If you want to do this you must:

1. Do it by 4PM eastern time tomorrow (Wednesday)
2. Include the VIN in the comment/shipping section at the end
3. Include the code of XL6714 in the coupon section

This way you will save $60.00 plus whatever amount Honda raises the price.

Sorry that you don't have much time to react but we just got the announcement. There are no exceptions to our 4PM eastern time deadline.
What a deal! Can i cancel the one i got now and get that one? That is a goooooood deal! :lol:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks, just placed the order.. And by the way, Great turn around time on those accessories orderd the other day, Bob

·
Registered
784 Posts
I just purchased one also. Hal you did good again telling us about this and saving us some money. So I bought something else also.

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
bump........better hurry if interested!

Bob E.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts

So here is what we will do. Coupon code XL6714 can be used on the online store and you can buy the warranty for $399 but you can only do it before 4PM eastern time tomorrow (January 31).
Hal,

Where were you when I got screwed on my extended warranty :shock: ???? I guess I should have looked around before I bought the bike. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

David

·
Registered
203 Posts
So I read this at 4:05pm EST on January 31st.

So goes my life...

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
beachside39 said:
So I read this at 4:05pm EST on January 31st.

So goes my life...
I am in Australia and it is already Thursday here, so by the time I figured out that it was 4:45pm on Wednesday back home, I was too late.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts