GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I did,from my chrome windshield garnish.
I used a heat gun to warm it up,and slipped some dental floss behind the letters to lift them off.
I can't remember now what I used to clean off the glue.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Removed mine by heating it slightly with a hair dryer. Used some dental floss under the emblem and ort of sawed my way across. After the emblem was removed, used some Honda Cleaner and Polish to get rid of the remaining residue. It is now a lot easier to clean.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
With how many threads that have been
shredded off of my cleaning towels, and
still stuck behind the emblem, I wouldn't
need the dental floss. :p

I am interested, but what are the chances
of the blow dryer warping the whole front
cowling? (by the way, I thought the cowling
was the part low around the engine
where the fog lights are?)

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
I did the same thing with the dental floss.....needed to use some of the Cycle Care plastic polish (gets rid of the swirls) to clean up the area.

Don't stop with the front - remove the letters on the rear trunk at the same time.......you can even remove the Goldwing from the side covers if you want. You'll just need to put in a rubber grommet or something to plug the holes.

Sure makes cleaning alot easier. It's kind of fun answering to people's question "what kind of a bike is that??" :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
Monofilament fishing line & rubbing alchohol. Like everyone else said heat it up and cut it off with the fishing line. Alchohol will remove the glue residue.

Ronnie

G

·
0 Posts
why would You?

:shock:

(hand up in the back row..."yes...you with your hand up..."

Ahem..excuse me for asking...but why would you want to remove the HONDA letters from your bike....you (I...WE) paid alot of money for those letters...no?

Sitting back down, I remain puzzled.

Ron in T.O.

·
Whiny Member
460 Posts
Well Ronk...they tear up our cleaning towels for one. For another, the gold on mine is starting to flake off and it looks like crap. I think the smooth uninterupted lines looks good.

G

·
0 Posts
remove Honda letters...

sure..they do cause the terrycloth towels to catch...as for the flaking...I'll have to keep an eye open for it.

thanks for the s'plainsion.

Ronk. :roll:

·
Registered
172 Posts
The heat gun will work, but I when I took them off my ST 1300, I just parked it square to the sun on a hot day. After it sat in the sun for an hour I just pulled in a twisting motion and they came right off leaving very little residue, which scrubbed right off with car wash soap.

The 1300 looks much better with out the H O N D A on the fairing, but I haven't decided wether to take them off the wing or not.
:rat: Bake

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Honda Letters

Whatdayamean Why???

If it comes on the bike, take it off. If its painted, chrome it. If its stock, change it. Shades of the fogey fifties. Couldn't be seen with Chevy emblems on our Chevy, door handles that opened doors, level suspensions, or (horror of horrors) a 54 Chev Grille in a 54 Chev. Now in a 57, THATS COOL. Olds Starfires on our 56 Monterey - YEA, MAN. I even remember the exscuses we used to put the three on the tree on the left side of the column.

We have not grown smarter, only older. Sure is fun......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts