GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the 06 goldwings with the Nav System give you an audible "unverified road" alert?

I have a 2007 ABS and I have never gotten an audible "unverified road" alert. I get a red banner message across the top of the screen saying unverified road, but no audible alert.

My Nav System CF card has 3 files on it. I thought I've read that the 06's have 2 files.

gmapsupp.img - maps
gmapsupp.unl - unlock code
gupdate.gcd - could be an update to silence the warning?

If the 06's have the audible alert and you wished to silence it, maybe you could load the gupdate.gcd file on the CF card. The gupdate file is about 3.2 meg in size.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Yeah my 06 nav gives an audible tone along with the message. It does get a little annoying when exploring the backroads. Terry

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have an '06 and it has the same 3 files. I get the "beep" when I go on a unverified road. Can you hear the lady tell you where to go (turns) ?
Or can you just not get the beep? Richard

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Richard,

I get audible directions when following routes and beeps when approaching turns. I don't get a beep when the unverified road message pops up and I'm glad, but I'm not sure why unless 07's have been changed. My Software version is 4.20.

I have a Garmin 2820 on the bike; so I don't use the Nav system much.

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
I think I'd be happy with that change - at least the beep wouldn't keep cutting out my music.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ray I been in the garage cleaning on my bike. I turned the radio on and played around with it a little bit. If you push on the mode button several times see if your beep is turned on or off. don't know if that is it or not. Raining here so I wouldn't try it out today Richard

·
Registered
273 Posts
I just brought home an 06 Airbag and the nav system says 4.2 and has the same three files mentioned in the thread. I noticed that even though the system says version 7 may 05 the date on the files is 6-23-06. I haven't been on an unverified road yet, it was all I could do to get her home. We got 2 ft of snow last week and are supposed to the another tomorrow....

Willy

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Cherokee32N said:
.... If you push on the mode button several times see if your beep is turned on or off.... Richard

That is a different beep. That beep is for beeping every time you push a button on the radio and has nothing to do with the navigation beeps. No other "beep" screen appears unless you count "Roger Beep" for the CB. The "Roger Beep" should also be always turned off because Honda made it a very high pitched tone that is as annoying as fingernails on a chalk board. I would say the 07 update removed the unverified road beep.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts