GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
21,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone asked me about the part number for the Honda harness to reduce alternator whine in the headsets. I thouhgt it would be a good idea to post it here in case others are interested.

Honda Part number is:
32190-MCA-305

It is for 2001-2002 models only. 2003 and up should already have it installed from the factory.

Ron Ayers (800-888-3084) sells it for $61.99. I haven't checked, but I think Hal also sells it for a competitive price. If you go to a dealer it will cost about $90 or more.

It comes with good installation instructions.

It eliminates a good portion (but not all) of the alternator whine in the headsets.

However, it does absolutely NOTHING to reduce wind noise picked up by the mics, for that you need Mic-Mutes.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Does it do the same thing as the ground loop isolator sold by Electrical Connection?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
This is the kit that honda refuses to honor under warranty, boy this one really gets me steamed.....................

·
Registered
376 Posts
Maybe someone can fill me in. I have a 2002 and have never heard alternator whine through the headsets. I've used all the radio bands, a Sony Minidisc and am currently using a SkyFi. Is this problem limited to CB usage?

markie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts