GL1800Riders Forums banner

Honda OEM fog lamp wiring harness question

828 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  gwbob 
#1 ·
I bought a Honda oem light kit from a member here about a year ago and finally have time to install the lights while I’m overhauling the traxxion forks. The light kit came with both lights and the switches and relay harness. The wiring harness is only about one foot in length. The wiring harness that plugs into the switch/relay harness and down at both lamp is missing from the kit. Wings are kinda new to me as meaning the wiring harnesses and options. Can someone point me in the correct direction as getting/finding the wiring harness that connects the lamps to the switch/relay harness. Thank you for the help.
Bob

#2 ·
The connector (C12) for the switch end is buried up inside a large boot well within 1 foot of the panel where the switch mounts...took me a while to find mine....this may help...

#3 ·
If it helps, all Hondaline accessory instructions can be found on my web page.

Reactions: proudpeacock
#4 ·
If I understand your question; you're looking for the wiring that goes from the fog lights up to where the switch/relay harness that came with the kit. Proudpeacock's photo above shows where the end that plugs into the switch/relay harness is. When you take the front cowl off, you should see two plugs, (one on each side or the bike), you plug the fog lights into those plugs. They have blanks plugged into them from the factory to keep the weather out, remove the blanks. Honda included the wiring from the panel by your left knee to the lights from the factory. Hope this helps.

#5 ·
Thanks for the help everyone. Not knowing that the early gl1800’s would have driving lamps and the wiring harness already part of the complete bike’s wiring harness. I found the plug connector behind the lower cowl so far. Thanks guys.

Reactions: proudpeacock
#6 ·
You might go to SoCalMotogear website and find their driving/ fog light for GL1800.
On that page is a YouTube video showing step by step instructions.
I know you have a different brand, but the install should be the same as far as wiring connections and location.
Maybe that will help ?

#7 ·
Thanks for all of the help guys. I got lights installed and they work great! Their are bright, and now the low and high headlights look weak. So now looking to upgrade the headlight to LED.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.