GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it is almost April and Honda still doesn't have the ownerlink site back up. Powersports site says it would be running in early 2014. Of course they said the same thing last year for mid summer.
Maybe it's time to rattle Honda's cage again.

http://powersports.honda.com/ownerlink.aspx

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Well here it is almost April and Honda still doesn't have the ownerlink site back up. Powersports site says it would be running in early 2014. Of course they said the same thing last year for mid summer.
Maybe it's time to rattle Honda's cage again.

http://powersports.honda.com/ownerlink.aspx

So who needs 'em anyway?

I also had all my maintenance records on Ownerlink, and after they pulled the site down, I wrote them and requested my records, which they did send me...along with their promise to resurrect the site by the end of 2013.

Lacking all confidence in the sincerity of their promise, I created a simple Excel spreadsheet, linked to a free Dropbox account.

Now I can access my records from any computer or smart phone, plus they are backed up in the cloud. So what do we need Honda Ownerlink for?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm also disappointed in the Honda's owner site. I had all my info there also. Where did you write to, to get all your info? Is it the same info to complain?

:doorag:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I too use an Excel spreadsheet stored on the "cloud" and it works fine. I miss the "recall" info provided on Ownerlink though. :cry:

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got off the phone with Honda Customer Service. They have fielded a lot of complaints about the Ownerlink site not being available. Was told that Honda is STILL WORKING ON THIS. CSR told me that they had no idea when it would be back up. Seems it is a third party it company doing this. He also said all records are still available if you call and ask.
Maybe if Honda gets enough complaints, they will push to get it done.
I also have all my records on a spreadsheet, but it was convenient to access the site for this information, along with other things.
Too bad Honda won't accept emails. We could flood them.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I'm also disappointed in the Honda's owner site. I had all my info there also. Where did you write to, to get all your info? Is it the same info to complain?

Motorcycle Division
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
P.O. Box 2200
Torrance, CA 90509-2200

Subject: Honda Ownerlink website

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

You can also call the Support number listed and speak with a CSR. They can mail you the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts