GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put this on last night. The hard part was getting to my headset cord in the left fairing pocket to put the Attenuator on. Question is, what is the purpose of the Attenuator? It plugs between the drivers headset cord and the cb/radio........... 2006 Dark Red ABS/COMF/NAV

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
RoadHog,

That's really a mystery. Probably equalization between front and rear. Many owners leave it out

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The only purpose is so that the passenger can select higher volume than the operator. If you leave it out, they cannot do that.

Ed Jenkins, Pawnee, Il
07, 6,300 miles

·
Registered
143 Posts
Attenuator

To bad you spent money on the Honda marketed unit, IMHO. They don't have enough range to be of any worth. SO likes what we get with the BBP unit that just plugs in inline and velcros to the hand grip. Still gives her a trans mitt button or will activate Mic-Mutes it you go that way. Tom

F

·
0 Posts
This sounds like a topic I was about to ask. My wife would like to have the sound coming into her headset louder than I would like at times. Does the passenger volume control/ push to talk kits allow this? I figured that what ever volume setting coming from the radio/stereo would be the same to both headsets, and if I turned mine down the passenger would also have less volume making the passenger volume control only worthwhile if I had my volume turned up too loud for the passenger.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You're absolutely correct about the volume control... it will only REDUCE the volume. Won't allow it to be any higher than what you are hearing in the drivers headset.

The Big Bike Parts version does the same but more effectively. I'd go with the BBP model myself.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fzj9wq said:
This sounds like a topic I was about to ask. My wife would like to have the sound coming into her headset louder than I would like at times. Does the passenger volume control/ push to talk kits allow this? I figured that what ever volume setting coming from the radio/stereo would be the same to both headsets, and if I turned mine down the passenger would also have less volume making the passenger volume control only worthwhile if I had my volume turned up too loud for the passenger.
I put this on last night. The one I have will do exactly what you want it to do. If you are listening to music and want to turn it down you can and it will turn hers down to but she can then turn her volume control back up to her desired listening level. If you get the honda one make sure you put the attenuator on, I think thats what allows the volume controls to do what they do........

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rayworx said:
You're absolutely correct about the volume control... it will only REDUCE the volume. Won't allow it to be any higher than what you are hearing in the drivers headset.

The Big Bike Parts version does the same but more effectively. I'd go with the BBP model myself.
That depends on what she's got her volume set on. If its wide open your right she can only reduce it. But if she has it midway for example she can always increase it from what the driver is listening to.....

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I've bought from this guy (not this part tho, and I'm NOT associated with him) and he builds volume controls and sells them on EBay. I hear they work well tho.

just paste in this info on ebay.........

GL1800 Passenger Audio Controller GL 1800

1 - 9 of 9 Posts