GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the newest issue of ROAD RUNNER magazine ... double page spread ... pages 60-61 ... a couple pictured on their Goldwing. They don't really look like models to me ... they look like "real people". Not particularly old or young ... a touch of gray in the beard and crew cut ...both definitely look "mature". Could almost be an ad for the jackets ... we see more of the jackets than the bike. Ad says it's all about the JOURNEY ... and the memories (right?).

Honda's ads have been questioned here before ...looks to me as if they are right on track with this one. This could be Dixie and me except she is a natural blonde and I am a bit shiny on top. :lol:

Endofride.jpg

·
IronMan
17,461 Posts
Link ? Need link ;)

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
Check out the newest issue of ROAD RUNNER magazine ... double page spread ... pages 60-61 ... a couple pictured on their Goldwing. They don't really look like models to me ... they look like "real people". Not particularly old or young ... a touch of gray in the beard and crew cut ...both definitely look "mature". Could almost be an ad for the jackets ... we see more of the jackets than the bike. Ad says it's all about the JOURNEY ... and the memories (right?).

Honda's ads have been questioned here before ...looks to me as if they are right on track with this one. This could be Dixie and me except she is a natural blonde and I am a bit shiny on top. :lol:

View attachment 56054
Good pic.

LOL....even your water hose is yellow. :)

·
Banned
792 Posts
Not sure I am getting it. If this is an ad for Honda why are they on an older model Wing? What am I missing here? :shrug:

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ingleader09 ... thank you ... :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I also enjoyed the two-up trip articles they had with the couples on a Wing.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
I just got my 2nd copy of Road Runner magazine since subscribing to it and so far its a winner. :thumbup:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Is this the same one Cruiseman has problems with?......woman is a babe

They represent the product well in my estimation....great choice of models.....maybe they are not models.....maybe they are REAL GOLDWING OWNERS.......ta da......:lol:

·
Registered
954 Posts
They are both nice pictures, I think this would make a great ad also! jmop

·
Registered
48 Posts
yep, it's the same add that is in Cycle World that Cruiseman took issue with. He did not think they looked like typical Goldwing riders and I think a side issue was that if Honda was targeting 40 year old riders they needed to update the bike. I thought it was a great add! The models look quite real to me, He's a little rough around the edges, she has no make up on I think, and the pic is kind-of a selfie if you look at it. the pic has grays in it making it look a little gritty as if it were taken on the road. I have an F6B and it made me think maybe I should have gotten a Wing! I liked it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
there once was

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wingleader09 ...the actual"real"garden hose was moved also ... I kinda like yellow :lol: :thumbup:

I also thought that the people in the ad looked like "real"people ... not like polished models ... a little wrinkled ... a little road tired ... but happy on their Goldwing :thumbup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts