GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda Plans to Build All-Electric Motorcycle By 2010. HONDA unveiled the company’s plans to bring an electric PTW to the market in 2010. Recently Honda CEO Takeo Fukui revealed that the company is developing a battery-powered electric motor-cycle which emits no CO2 during operation. PTWs, which are often used for short distance travel and urban mobility, are starting to benefit from battery technology improvements. Thanks to its PTW sector Honda is better able to meet changes in times of economic turmoil. History shows that motorcycles remain strong in a difficult market environment and have always supported Honda in difficult times. People showed renewed interest in the value of motorcycles which consume less fuel for commuting purposes as well as for their easy-to-own/easy-to-use efficiency. In the newly emerging countries in regions such as Asia and South America where motorcycles are being used for everyday transportation, long-term and steady market growth is expected despite some external factors such as changes in economic conditions.

source www.acem.eu

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I hope they do and I hope a lot of people buy them so there will be more gas for me!:thumbup:

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
You mean for "us". ;)
Me too!

Seriously though, I'd give it a shot. Why not? As long as it looks nice, runs good and has plenty of power. Longevity, range (distance), charge times and costs are all concerns off the top of my head. Most importantly though, will there be chrome accessories available!

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Mee Too. I'm getting tired of riding my Wing around in reverse, just to go electric!:joke::joke::joke:

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Mee Too. I'm getting tired of riding my Wing around in reverse, just to go electric!:joke::joke::joke:
Hmmm... I never thought of that. Does that classify our Wings as Hybrids?

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
My '83 XJ6 gets 8Miles/gallon <chortle>

·
Rocket Man
1,556 Posts
You already have an all electric made in the USA. Let's see what Honda comes up with to compete.
And there's more too from England, Kingston University and their entry to the Isle of Man TT:
http://www.autobloggreen.com/2009/04/24/kingston-university-officially-launches-ttxgp-entry/

I saw the Zero introduced on the Toronto CTV News last evening. They showed the dirt bike and the street model in operation. It's really weird to listen to the dirt bike chew up the gravel and all you hear is the noise from the gravel. I'll bet the Harley crowd can't wait for the new Harley Davidson version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts