GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this no longer a thing or am I missing it somewhere?

The older models have the dealership locations on the GPS but I was unable to find it on the newer wings. I was looking for one and I had to actually look up the address on my phone and type it into the GPS. Did I miss something in the POI menu?

·
Love The DCT
12,023 Posts
Is this no longer a thing or am I missing it somewhere?

The older models have the dealership locations on the GPS but I was unable to find it on the newer wings. I was looking for one and I had to actually look up the address on my phone and type it into the GPS. Did I miss something in the POI menu?
Make sure the box for Honda dealerships is checked in the POI menu.

:doorag:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on this. I found my GPS firmware was quite outdated. I downloaded and install the new update and now I can find dealerships in the POI menu. It wasn't there before this. I haven't messed around with it yet to see if it will highlight them all on the GPS without having to search for the closest ones in the menu.

It was nice to be traveling somewhere unknown and seeing a Honda dealer pop up on your map where you could stop in and check out.

Reactions: RickLB

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The problem with the earlier navi units was that they actually programmed in the dealerships into the navi unit. Many that show up have either closed up shop or moved. I have run into this a few times on trips. And updating the firmware seemed to have no effect on them. It would have made more sense to have them as part if the software that would get uploaded into the navi so they could ensure the info was current. Are they finally doing this on the 2018+ units?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts