GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
That was fast...

Seems like a pretty fair outcome.

I negotiated a four year extended warranty due to my 2003 being the most lemon-like 1800, never passing up a single problem that other owners experienced.

Now, if I am given another 2 year extended warranty, I will be covered until 2012 on engine (should have 162K miles on it by then) and cooling systems. Cool 8) !

I guess we should be looking for a mailed copy of this settlement.

Thank you, Strider, for sharing the info.

Deadeye

·
Registered
20,941 Posts
looks like the lawyers have made out well again. The next new wing will cost even more thanks to lawyers. I Think in this case we and Honda would have been better off without the HELP from the lawyers. Between the blood sucking lawyers and insurance companies the entire country is in serious trouble. As you may have noticed I don't like the way this country is being molested by the means of lawyers and insurance, wish I knew a good way to resolve the problems but I don't. JMO

·
Registered
533 Posts
What do you call a bunch of lawyers at the ocean bottom?

A good start......but,

this settlement came out pretty fair. Honda gave up an extension to the "upgrade" and a two year extended engine/cooling warranty. We already know that a Honda engine will last forever, so the cooling system extension is the only thing they really gave up in this settlement.

I seriously doubt that this cost to Honda will even be noticed in the profit line. In fact, if Honda would have responded quickly to early overheating reports, they could have saved significantly more by avoiding what they did spend two years later.

Honda doesn't deserve to be seriously damaged by the scum-sucking lawyers, but paying a small price for sticking their corporate head in the sand caused many of us problems that could and should have been prevented.

JMHO

·
Vendor
21,870 Posts
hmm.........

Does this mean the resale value of my 2002 just went back up since I now have 4 years left on the engine warranty??

I would sure like to know what the lawyers cut of this settlement was. I bet it wasn't pocket change. I also wonder what the owner(s) that filled the suit got out of it (a new bike or a maybe a full refund?).

Also makes me wonder what the outcome will be when someone files (or filled?) a class action lawsuit on the frame issue, and if it will only cover bikes under the recall vin range, or if it will be all 2001-2003 bikes.

It will also be interesting to see what changes are made to the 2005 Wings in light of the frame, overheating, and intercom/CB/CD problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts