GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to recall receiving a year-long membership in HRCA when I bought my 2005. Anyone know if Honda's still giving them out. Dealer didn't say anything about it with the 2012 purchase.

Also, how many of you are involved in the GWRRA? Still trying to decide whether to join or not. I joined for three years in 2005, but my local group was too old (many didn't even have bikes anymore) and all they wanted to do was get together monthly and hold raffles (i.e. very little riding). I'm all for meeting every now and then, but Its the riding that counts...

J.D.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I was a member of HRCA for the year I got when I purchased my '06 wing. I never went to a local meeting. I was a member of GWRRA for 16 years. Right up to the point where they told me I was not welcome anymore because I had the nerve to question their motive for the officer certification program.

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Also, how many of you are involved in the GWRRA? Still trying to decide whether to join or not. I joined for three years in 2005, but my local group was too old (many didn't even have bikes anymore) and all they wanted to do was get together monthly and hold raffles (i.e. very little riding). I'm all for meeting every now and then, but Its the riding that counts...
gwrra:eek:4: I didn't know that group rode motorcycles. My impression is they
are former riders who meet and talk.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I was in one of the first HRCA chartered clubs - did the newsletter. After a while, the guys who were most active slowly dropped out and the group became pretty inactive. Memberships used to be paid, and one year came free with the purchase of a Honda. Honda changed that a few years ago (?) and now you just sign up for free, as I understand it.

I was also in GWRRA for a number of years. I'd rather not comment on our local group, other than to say the do ride a lot, but are very cliquish. Except for the fact they ride wings, they would not be the type of people I would normally become friends with.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Ive been a GWRRA member for many years but have not been to a Chapter meeting in 20 years. We joined a Southern Cruiser (International Organization) Chapter several years ago and have had a great time riding with these guys. We are fortunate to have a Chapter where a few of the members really like to ride each weekend. There is no membership fee..its all about riding and they are not bike specific and there are bike enthusiast of every age, style, income level, and color.

http://www.southerncruiser.net/

·
Registered
153 Posts
Re: Gwrra

Howdy - Well yes, some menbers of GWRRA don't ride anymore (health and age related issues) In the chapter I'm in, CA-1Z We have several menbers over 75 years that are still riding. (God Bless Em) Our chapter has rides almost every weekend, as well as dinner rides, Ice cream social, Pool parties, Star gazing parties, Pot luck dinners. But GWRRA is more then just riding. It's a group of riders who care for, not only for themselves but fellow riders and the comminity it self..We support Vetrans Groups, A battered women shelter and a orphanage. You can check us out on the web at WWW.gwrra-ca1z.org. Come join us. .....Best Wishes Mike Dory

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
HRCA went the way of most motorcycle "clubs". It was an automatic membership thing for quite a few years ... then it became a magazine and website. Haven't bothered to visit the site in many years since it appeared geared towards dirt bikes (huge volume vs our tourers).
For awhile being a member supposedly got you a better rate on insurance but I believe that's gone.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
When I bought my 08 wing I got a year membership in HRC but back them they offered towing, since then they dropped towing and membership is free. I was a GWRRA member for 19 years and this July decided to not to renew again.

·
Registered
188 Posts
i bought a new 2012 wing a month ago from a dealer near rochester ny and there was nothing said or offered about HRC. but then again that dealer didnt even know how to properly check the bike over before they sent me out the door.:wrong:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts