GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have Honda Roadside Service?

Do they still offer it?

I read that you now buy it through the dealer.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
I purchased it from our sponsor, $120 for five years as previous poster stated. Haven't used it and hope I don't have to.

I called and asked the owner or GM at our website sponsor's dealership about the Honda Roadside Service policy. He told me that Honda will pay for towing to the nearest Honda dealer regardless of distance.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I just checked my wallet and I seem to have it too. I think I bought it from HDL when I snagged the extended warranty. Goes without saying that I have not had to use it.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I used the older one through HRC three times and was pleased with the service. Once in NC, CO. and Fl. I like the idea of a tow to the nearest dealer with no mileage restrictions. If it is the same as before I think it is the best deal.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have it and fortunately have never had to used it. Bought it from HDL… but expect to wait a while for all the paper work to get to you… if I remember right, it took at least two months, maybe three (but they were winter months so no big deal). Since it covers the USA and Canada and had unlimited towing miles, I figured it was well worth the money.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I bought the Honda Roadside Service from HDL at $120 for five years coverage. "Praise the Lord" I've never had to use it.

Full coverage on the Wing is by State Farm, which doesn't have towing on motorcycles.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You can also add it to your AAA coverage for $30/year. It's called RV plus, and covers any RV's or motorcycles with the same benefits as your other vehicles. Pretty good deal if you already have AAA.

·
Registered
402 Posts
GWRRA - Roadside Plus

I belong to the Goldwing Road-Riders Association (GWRRA) and their Roadside Plus Coverage is good (includes all vehicles you own and your spouse) and is reasonably priced.

Fortunately, I haven't had to avail myself of its services so far, but I now others who have, and they were quite satisfied.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
I used the older one through HRC three times and was pleased with the service. Once in NC, CO. and Fl. I like the idea of a tow to the nearest dealer with no mileage restrictions. If it is the same as before I think it is the best deal.
I had the HRCA Honda plan for a spell. The one good thing about it is they are supposed to send a tow truck suitable for hauling a motorcycle. That is important. :thumbup:

Anyway, not hoping to hijack, but I see you are a life AMA member. Thanks fo being a real motorcyclist! :bow:

·
Registered
234 Posts
I joined AMA for three years last week to get this coverage - $117. Wish I would have heard about this a week ago...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I belong to the Goldwing Road-Riders Association (GWRRA) and their Roadside Plus Coverage is good (includes all vehicles you own and your spouse) and is reasonably priced.

Fortunately, I haven't had to avail myself of its services so far, but I now others who have, and they were quite satisfied.
... make sure you check how far they will tow. I couldn't use it because i need to tow to the nearest Honda show 120 miles. I was glad I had Honda roadside. As I remember it is 20 or 25 miles so it would have cost me over $800 with GWRRA. :eek:4:

Honda roadside was no cost and no problems. :thumbup:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Extra info re GWRRA Roadside Rescue Plus

... make sure you check how far they will tow. I couldn't use it because i need to tow to the nearest Honda show 120 miles. I was glad I had Honda roadside. As I remember it is 20 or 25 miles so it would have cost me over $800 with GWRRA. :eek:4:

Honda roadside was no cost and no problems. :thumbup:
GWRRA Rescue Plus – An optional upgrade that, for the special price of $25 per year, includes all the benefits of Rescue Towing and Roadside Assistance, PLUS covers the towing of any non-commercial vehicle (under one ton, including cars, trucks, and motorcycle trailers) AND increases covered towing from 35 to 100 miles (per disablement). (With the purchase of a GWRRA Family membership, the Rescue Plus upgrade applies to all registered household family members.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts