GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
manual

Cool, I just ordered one, thanks.
Would you mind posting a link to the site you bought the service manual from?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Fred, according to the website the service manual comes and I quote, "Description:
This manual is now a perfect bound book and does not come with a binder."

You may want to call and check!

It also appears you can order online with a credit card!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Fred, according to the website the service manual comes and I quote, "Description:
This manual is now a perfect bound book and does not come with a binder."

You may want to call and check!

It also appears you can order online with a credit card!
Where is this shop manual on the Helm website, I can't find any reference to it at all.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I called them 2 days ago. It's not on their site, but you can order it by phone...with s/h it's $85.95. The number is 1-800-782-4356 .

·
Vendor
22,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got my service manual from Helms. It includes the ETM and a nice binder just like it always has.

The only difference is in the thickness. Just like the new owners manual, the new service manual doesn't have nearly as many pages in it. It appears Honda found yet another way to cut cost on the 2012.

The 2012 manual is on top, and the 2009 manual on bottom in this photo.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Of all these replies, no one mentioned the 3 additional, replacement pages. I received my manual today, with binder, but there were 3 double sided pages included to replace those already in the manual. I mention this because I almost threw mine away by accident.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Got my service manual from Helms. It includes the ETM and a nice binder just like it always has.

The only difference is in the thickness. Just like the new owners manual, the new service manual doesn't have nearly as many pages in it. It appears Honda found yet another way to cut cost on the 2012.

Some of those "2009" pages has "Toe Crinkles", not fair comparison!:joke:

·
Registered
138 Posts
The added pages for the '06 because of the air bag models insured that there were too many pages to fit in the binder.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Being in the book binding business the service manual appears to be perfect bound and then three hole punched.

I'm going to cut the backs off and scan mine to PDF anyway so the file will be searchable. Ok go ahead throw stones at the geek! ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm going to cut the backs off and scan mine to PDF anyway so the file will be searchable. Ok go ahead throw stones at the geek! ;)
I've already done that -- I can save you some time and just send you a CD with the files on it. The only thing I don't have scanned yet is the electrical diagrams (too big to fit into the ADF on my scanner) and the electrical trouble shooting manual (it's a bound book).

It consists of 28 individual PDF files. I used Adobe Acrobat X Pro. It's searchable. Mine is a seven hole punch binder.

Phil

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hard to believe Honda doesn't sell this on disc, so you can easily search by keyword and also be able to carry it with you on trips, etc.. without needing to a trailer just for the manual. :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hard to believe Honda doesn't sell this on disc, so you can easily search by keyword and also be able to carry it with you on trips, etc.. without needing to a trailer just for the manual. :D
According to my dealer, Honda is supposed to be releasing an electronic version of the manual around mid winter.....but I'm in no hurry anymore.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts