GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: OK My new 1800 Was to be released from Honda this past Tuesday and ready to go on Monday from the dealership. Now they say that the release date from Honda will be Monday the 22ed (No Honda under the tree for me). Is this kind of story common :?:

Thanks
Al :rain1:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my new wing this week and have been waiting since September. Frustrating. I am in the north bay area and it seems like Mother Honda doesn't seem to concerned with rushing bikes, Goldwings anyway, out to California. Just be persistant.

Mitch

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Depends largely upon the dealer. Some will have very few if any in stock and others have quite a few 04's on the floor and are high volume Wing dealers. Right now Honda of Milpitas has quite a few shown in their inventory list on their web site, many of which are ABS which is what they largely sell at better prices than I have seen in 3 years $14,995 to $16,345 (04). They usually have quite a few on the floor plus a large inventory of crated.

DaleC

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hay Dale this is at Honda of Milpitis! They just didn't have a Yellow '03' on the floor. And yes they did have 6 Wings On the floor, the most I've seen any where.

Al

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Well it's one thing if they have it in their own inventory and another if they are getting it from another one or mother Honda, as additional variables and potential hurdles come into play. Given that our weather has been up and down lately you're not missing too many great motorcycle days, but hopefully you'll have your new Wing soon. I recall I was pretty impatient when I had a delay while mine was being shipped and then driven up from a site in southern California. The only thing I can promise you is that once you have your Wing you'll be on cloud nine....

Good luck and hope it all works out well.

DaleC

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yep!

Lost my '03 at the end of August due to an accident. Once insurance was settled I ordered an '04. Original delivery date was set for Oct 22nd. Two days before delivery I received a call from my dealer saying the '04 didn't arrive and Honda had stopped all allocations. Worse, according to the dealer, Honda would not provide any explanation as to the stoppage.

Since then, and up to the last two weeks, I saw few posting about people taking delivery of 04's. Just about two weeks ago that changed and I've noticed posting of deliveries, mostly of the White.

I talked to my dealer regularly with no encouraging word until last Thursday - dealer said my 04 will arrive before the end of December, per the regional sales rep.

I was wondering if I was the only one waiting out a delayed delivery - thought it was a continuation of my recent stream of bad luck. Glad it's not just me (sorry).

Looking forward to the "long drive" over the Christmas Holidays to trailer my wing home - to cold in Maryland to ride it back. Got a lot of accessories sitting in the corner waiting to be installed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I crashed my silver 02 wing in mid August. I ordered a new ABS Titanium also in mid August. It arrived mid November. I took delivery on November 21. It just takes a little time.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yes, I except that it may take a week or two to receive your order for a new wing. But this time lag has been too much. It will be over two months! And then Honda would tell the dealer why they stopped deliveries. While I'm still somewhat disappointed, I'm sure I'll forget all about it when I have a new wing sitting in the garage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts