GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda Canada Inc. is moving to a new generation of retail outlets that will offer all its consumer products at one location -- from lawnmowers and snow throwers to motorcycles, cars and trucks.

http://tinyurl.com/w87j6

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I wonder if they will also have the Honda Jet in stock and available for a test flight?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
TxGoldWing said:
Honda Canada Inc. is moving to a new generation of retail outlets that will offer all its consumer products at one location -- from lawnmowers and snow throwers to motorcycles, cars and trucks.

http://tinyurl.com/w87j6
I can't wait to see their service department--What a Mess the same tech doing all the work, he won't know one lawnmower from a jet.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hokie said:
I can't wait to see their service department--What a Mess the same tech doing all the work, he won't know one lawnmower from a jet.
Not that much difference than the Honda shops around here, now. I called a big Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki "powersports" store and asked about service costs on my ST1300. The service dept. guy who answered the phone asked me "Is that a boat?"

I hate to sound like an old fahrt but I liked it better when the local motorcycle shop was a place to hang out on a Saturday and meet up with your buddies, talk bikes, and the shop owner actually worked there, rode a bike himself, and knew your name.

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Rick Case is practically doing that down here already...not that I go there except to window shop...(sorry if anyones' reading this from there)...

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Hokie said:
some body may end up with a rebuilt lawn mower that mows his yard in 3 seconds!

:lol:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Tony in AZ said:
Hokie said:

or a jet that wobbles. :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
MotorcycleBoy said:
Tony in AZ said:
Hokie said:

Bad Just Bad :coolit:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Slinkey said:
MotorcycleBoy said:
Tony in AZ said:
Hokie said:

Bad Just Bad :coolit:
but....Oh So True.....

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Most Honda shops you have to weave thru string trimmers & lawnmowers just to look at a bike...
but Harley sure has their act together..

cosmic

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
If they accidentaly replace your 1800 with a Honda lawn mower engine, your mileage may go up, buy your Wing will want to ride on the side of the highway and mow the grass. :lol:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
cosmic_chariot said:
Most Honda shops you have to weave thru string trimmers & lawnmowers just to look at a bike...

cosmic
RMC in Renton Wa. (Local Honda Dealer) Will be selling Harley Davidson soon. They bought Harley of Downtown (seattle) recently. Took out their indoor racing track to make room for a H/D showroom.

·
Registered
35 Posts
YUP, Bad Idea. I remember some years ago, when a local Honda Bike dealer started to sell cars too. After a short time, all the attention went to the "high profit area" (the car sales). Pretty soon they stopped selling bikes altogether. I like going to a bike shop and talking to the bikers and service people who speak our language. I think this will be lost in a All in One dealership.

Ray

·
Registered
323 Posts
sdlyon5 said:
cosmic_chariot said:

cosmic
RMC in Renton Wa. (Local Honda Dealer) Will be selling Harley Davidson soon. They bought Harley of Downtown (seattle) recently. Took out their indoor racing track to make room for a H/D showroom.
Sorry to hear about the RMC track going away, a few of us used to go and watch the little 5-10 year old kids riding their 50cc bikes around the track. Go upstairs and have a burger and a beverage while you watched. It was great. I am guessing that it will be run as 2 seperate businesses though.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
vintagemxr said:
Hokie said:
Not that much difference than the Honda shops around here, now. I called a big Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki "powersports" store and asked about service costs on my ST1300. The service dept. guy who answered the phone asked me "Is that a boat?"

I hate to sound like an old fahrt but I liked it better when the local motorcycle shop was a place to hang out on a Saturday and meet up with your buddies, talk bikes, and the shop owner actually worked there, rode a bike himself, and knew your name.
Along with the Wing, I own a Yamaha Vmax. Some time ago, I went to the local dealer for a part and the guy behind the counter asked me if it was for a motorcycle. I looked at him with astonishment, I didn't say a word and walked out. What I wanted to say was "what the heck are you doing working here?"

I found out some time later that they have one of those wave runners that Yamaha makes that is also called a Vmax. Go figure! :oops:

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
vintagemxr said:
I second that. When I had my Valkyrie I took it to a "powersports" place (owned by a major auto retailer here in the Valley) for a warranty fix. I pulled it up 10 feet in front of the "service manager" droid so he could get the numbers. He looked the bike over then asked me what it was. I got back on the bike and took it to a "real" motorcycle shop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts