GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here with several questions that may not have answers...

1.) I've been using the Beta program site to create trip routes for a couple years now. It's not perfect but I've been able to work around the bugs by breaking up my trips routes into portions etc. Any chance Honda is going to finish this site and update short comings?

2.) Is there a way to use this site to share trip ideas and routes? Be cool to have a thread of these uploaded trip routes files to share.

3.) I create a working updated 2014.3 SD card for the wing. Map loads and displays but I get a trip error (route map does not match messages) when loading a route. Thoughts?

4.) Is there a way to update the maps legally? The Garmin site always says "I'm up to date". My 2012 has never be updated.

Feels like Honda and Garmin just abandoned this feature mid way in development, which stinks because this was a big selling point for me on the 2012 Goldwing.
For me, the excitement of a Goldwing is discovering new places.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have my doubts they will ever finish the site or give me updates again. I am probably just going to break down and get a zumo in the future as I am not happy with the indash navi system.

·
Vendor
21,888 Posts
New member here with several questions that may not have answers...

1.) I've been using the Beta program site to create trip routes for a couple years now. It's not perfect but I've been able to work around the bugs by breaking up my trips routes into portions etc. Any chance Honda is going to finish this site and update short comings?

2.) Is there a way to use this site to share trip ideas and routes? Be cool to have a thread of these uploaded trip routes files to share.

3.) I create a working updated 2014.3 SD card for the wing. Map loads and displays but I get a trip error (route map does not match messages) when loading a route. Thoughts?

4.) Is there a way to update the maps legally? The Garmin site always says "I'm up to date". My 2012 has never be updated.

Feels like Honda and Garmin just abandoned this feature mid way in development, which stinks because this was a big selling point for me on the 2012 Goldwing.
For me, the excitement of a Goldwing is discovering new places.
Yes, you can share trips. Here is an example of one I created.

http://Tripplanner.Honda.Com/sharedTrip.aspx?tripid=3386

Once you have created the trip, you just click on the SHARE link and you can then email it to anyone you want.

If the map set on your GPS doesn't match the one in the Honda Trip Planner site, then it may cause you problems, or recalculate the route when you use it.

To my knowledge, there is no legal way to update the maps in the Honda Nav unit to the current 2014 Garmin map set. Honda's maps are always about 2-3 years behind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts