GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you are talking about dragging and dropping a way point, works for me
I believe he's referring to dragging the blue route line to shape the route between stops. That functionality has never worked for me, either. Here's what HTP Help & Support says:
HTP.png

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I believe he's referring to dragging the blue route line to shape the route between stops. That functionality has never worked for me, either. Here's what HTP Help & Support says:
View attachment 365823
That's what I'm talking about. I use mapsource and it allows me to drag the line to another point. Harley ride planner also does it. Honda says it will, I'd like for them to show me how.
Good feature if it would work.
When clicking on the blue line all it does in zoom or drag the entire map.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am trying to get the software to allow me to add a route through Rocky Mountain National Park but it re-routes me to go around it. Any clues on how to deal with this?

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
If you need to 'shape' a route between existing points --
-- add a point; it will add it to the end of the route
-- edit the point order in the text box on the LHS; for example, drg point D from the end of the list so that it is between points A and B
-- if the 'new' point is not in the desired location, drag it to shape the route
--if necessary, repeat with another point

If the route gets messed up, using the 'revert' button can delete the change so another attempt can be made.

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you need to 'shape' a route between existing points --
-- add a point; it will add it to the end of the route
-- edit the point order in the text box on the LHS; for example, drg point D from the end of the list so that it is between points A and B
-- if the 'new' point is not in the desired location, drag it to shape the route
--if necessary, repeat with another point

If the route gets messed up, using the 'revert' button can delete the change so another attempt can be made.
I will try that as I tried making short distances as Bullet Bob suggested and I still could not get it to work. I appreciate the help. I just may stick with Basecamp .....

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am trying to get the software to allow me to add a route through Rocky Mountain National Park but it re-routes me to go around it. Any clues on how to deal with this?
The road is currently closed and the mapping program knows it... I've run into the same issue when attempting to pre-plan my trips through Yellowstone, Glacier, etc. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out a work-a-round

·
Registered
67 Posts
That makes sense. Trying to go through the Beartooth Pass rendered the same result. Thanks for chiming in!
No worries! I figured it out a couple years ago on the HD trip planner... I suppose the good news is that I've found that as soon as the road opens the maps you have already built will all of a sudden route you up and over the passes/parks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
No worries! I figured it out a couple years ago on the HD trip planner... I suppose the good news is that I've found that as soon as the road opens the maps you have already built will all of a sudden route you up and over the passes/parks.
Sorry to pester but you mentioned the Harley Route Planner. Do you see a difference between the two?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry to pester but you mentioned the Harley Route Planner. Do you see a difference between the two?
Not a big difference, in fact they are more similar than they are different in my opinion... The HD planner allows for a couple additional features... For instance HD uses "waypoints" versus "stops", however I'm not sure that they are treated differently once uploaded to a GPS device. The HD version also allows for drag-and-drop, but you can basically just add a "stop" in the Honda version and accomplish the same thing. The HD version also allows you to avoid highways, dirt roads, toll roads, etc... but at the end of the day I think when the file is uploaded to the GPS, its the GPS device that recalculates the route based on the "waypoints" and/or "stops", so again, I'm not sure it's really all the much of a benefit.

In both cases I have typically had the most success creating one route per day... Yellowstone Day 1, Yellowstone Day 2, etc., etc.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The same holds true for Basecamp. My biggest complaint is that what you have put together on the computer is not always identical to what is transferred over to the GPS. I have also gone to day to day routing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I agree. I try to use plenty of waypoints/stops and check the routes after importing, but every once in a while I still end up discovering that the GPS device has added its own twist on things...

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
As well as the 15 routes the bike can hold, a usb can hold 1000's, since the file size is tiny.

Of course, this will require developing some sort of naming convention to be able to recall them when needed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts