GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there a Maximum number of Routes you can save in Honda Trip Planner? I have a few routes I made and downloaded them to a gpx, But I cant look at an Overview of them.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
HTP uses a letter for each one. I don't know the max (and didn't try to look it up).

I checked mine and it's up to letter N.

The files size for each trip is tiny -- so 1000's can easily be saved on whatever device you like. Even on the computer, but outside of trip planner, I suppose.

Biggest issue with having many many files will likely be making some sort of naming convention to help identify of which is which.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HTP uses a letter for each one. I don't know the max (and didn't try to look it up).

I checked mine and it's up to letter N.

The files size for each trip is tiny -- so 1000's can easily be saved on whatever device you like. Even on the computer, but outside of trip planner, I suppose.

Biggest issue with having many many files will likely be making some sort of naming convention to help identify of which is which.

Im up to Letter T, But I know of at least 3 that don't show that are in my Bike GPS. Unless your in the area of the Route it shows from home to the route and you cant zoom in enough to see exact rt.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Im up to Letter T, But I know of at least 3 that don't show that are in my Bike GPS. Unless your in the area of the Route it shows from home to the route and you cant zoom in enough to see exact rt.
When I open trip planner I get a list of routes in LH box, and RH box is a map zoomed to an appropriate level to show a pin for the starting location of each trip (I have some that start half a continent from most of the others).

When I pick a pin, and select 'view/edit' from the pop up list the map zooms to a level appropriate to the points on that route.

I do have a bunch that start from the same location -- and of course that means that some have the 'start pin' hidden.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I open trip planner I get a list of routes in LH box, and RH box is a map zoomed to an appropriate level to show a pin for the starting location of each trip (I have some that start half a continent from most of the others).

When I pick a pin, and select 'view/edit' from the pop up list the map zooms to a level appropriate to the points on that route.

I do have a bunch that start from the same location -- and of course that means that some have the 'start pin' hidden.

Mine are starting from different locations in different states. So I have no clue why they don't show. But they are the Latest rts to be made.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts