GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Goldwing owner here with questions about Honda Trip Planner. I’ve used Base Camp and Harley Davidson Ride Planner when I’ve owned BMW and HD motorcycles and both worked well. The Honda Trip Planner, though seems to be weak in comparison. Am I missing something, or should I just buy a subscription to Rever and ignore the Honda Planner?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
This topic has been beaten several times.

I use Trip Planner within it's limitations and it works very well for me. YMMV.

·
Registered
2020 Goldwing Tour
3 Posts
I've planned two local routes with the Honda Trip Planner.
Last night I created an account on the Harley Trip Planner and the first thing I noticed was that I can zoom in much further, to make sure I get my waypoints exactly where I want them.

If you've used the Harley site before why not continue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've planned two local routes with the Honda Trip Planner.
Last night I created an account on the Harley Trip Planner and the first thing I noticed was that I can zoom in much further, to make sure I get my waypoints exactly where I want them.

If you've used the Harley site before why not continue?
Good point.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have used Honda trip planner for a few years and as well the Butler maps (paper) for their color coding/rating of best biking roads.
REVER partnered with Butler maps and its great having them up while planning rides. Yes, you can zoom in tight to eliminate waypoints accidentally placed off the road/ route.
Although I DO NOT like using REVER through CarPlay (app). It has a ways to go before I’d use it again.
So, I plan my trips on my PC and it’s simple to save them as a gpx file and load into the bikes nav system. You can drop waypoints, etc.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I use Basecamp for my 2018 Tour DCT, however, the bike's GPS slightly changes the route or addresses you made in Basecamp, and it makes it interesting when riding.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I use Basecamp for my 2018 Tour DCT, however, the bike's GPS slightly changes the route or addresses you made in Basecamp, and it makes it interesting when riding.
REVER, I find does not make those slight changes

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
stop using honda trip planner. the harley planner works on the GW, as does any .gpx file, if you choose to go that route. no need for basecamp and garmin-overkill and a waste of money. personally i use Kurviger to plan the route than upload to the honda nav. this past weekend i tried mappite and planned a route to test it. uploaded it to the bike and it worked perfectly. VERY simple to use without the kurviger quirks and it was accurate. and its free

1 - 10 of 10 Posts