GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody having problems with Honda Trip planner ? I sign in and all my routes show, but when I make a route and want to save it, it says "Please sign-in to save trip" and there is no way to save trip. There is no way to get web help on site.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Anybody having problems with Honda Trip planner ? I sign in and all my routes show, but when I make a route and want to save it, it says "Please sign-in to save trip" and there is no way to save trip. There is no way to get web help on site.
I just tried and was able to save a route with no problems. Maybe a temporary glitch?

Reactions: Woodsracer1

·
Registered
468 Posts
This is the number I used to talk to someone about an issue with HTP. It's on the Honda powersports page.
CALL US
(866) 784-1870
M-F 8:30am to 4:30pm PST

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
I always click Sign in -- it shows previously saved routes

- I always check 'keep me signed in', although I don't know difference it makes
- this method always shows ***'s in the password box, so I never re-enter a password

Here's one way to make a new route (did it to test/verify as I type this)

Click Plan a route
- type in a city near where you; it's faster (at least 'here') than scrolling the map i and out to move form the default Honda office location
--- the point that it places can then be dragged to a different location of desired
-----when you drop the point near where you want, it automatically zooms in, giving the opportunity to fine tune the location as desired

- scroll/zoom back out to be able to see the desired location for the next point
--- with cursor at/near desired location, click the RIGHT button on mouse; in the box that pops up click on 'add stop'
-----now would be a good time to zoom in and fine tune the location of the dropped point

-continue adding points as desired

-the line cannot be dragged to a new location, but the dropped points can be moved by dragging, which will move the route

- when done, select the route summary tab that is above the box on LHS of screen
--summary will include miles, number of stops and estimated driving time (and trip name if it already has one)
----pick save trip button or 'save trip' in list; either will pop up a 'save trip' box for adding a trip name, and description/notes if desired
----if you were editing an existing trip, this is when it can be saved with a different name, if desired

----when happy, pick save trip
------pop up box gives opportunity to edit trip, print trip again, or export to gps

- pick X in corner of box if you don't want to do any of those at this time

- print trip gives written trip directions like mapquest or googlemaps
- the directions can have as many turns as necessary to navigate between the points entered in the route

If you later want to export or print or edit one or more trips, click on the 'My Trips' box above the map
-text window it will list the routes
---route list can be sorted in order of name or distance (to start) or date last modified
---map window will show the start point of each trip that is saved

It is possible to edit and add new intermediate points of desired. However, it's a two step process.
---One reason to do this might be if moving existing points does not force the route to follow the desired roads (and of course, this is one reason why the original point limit was problematic)

Place cursor at location the extra point is desired.
Right click and select add point.
--planner will add point to end of route (it doesn't know your trying to shape, it assumes the point is for return routing)
Go to text window, to the list of points
-- hover cursor in the box listing the new point
----on rh end of box several editing options appear -- edit/rename/remove/and a pair of up/down arrows
----hover over arrows the the 'pick' cursor (finger icon) will change to a 'move' cursor (crossed lines)
------with 'move' cursor showing, press and hold lh mouse button
-------drag the point up to the desired location in the list; release button when order is as desired

You can still go back and drag the point in the map view if desired
And of course than can also be re-ordered again if desired.

Saving different versions of the route is one way to compare the effect of adding a point or of changing the intermediate points in the route.

If you've done a bunch of editing (add points, re-order points, etc) there will be a 'REVERT' item in the text window that will put things back the way they were before editing started

'Save trip' and 'revert' will be grayed out if there have been no changes since the last save.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Apparently It doesn't like Firefox all of a sudden. I made the route in Google Chrome and it worked.

Thanks Everybody

Firefox changed some things in their browser recently. I noticed it week before last. I started using Google Chrome and all the problems went away.

Firefox Goofed up the change...obviously. It had to do with ad blockers for me. I had to go back and use another "Firefox approved" blocker...UBlocker or something like that. It fixed their goof up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts