GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://powersports.honda.com/furyreveal/#/home

Today Honda unveils the answer to a question that nobody has been asking...

Where's the chopper?

I'm pretty underwhelmed... as the Tshirt says, 20 grand and 20 miles does not a rider make you...

My God, where are the Teutels? They should be sending Senior to slap Honda around for copying their style... !!

Dave
GWBBA #9
I said to myself "that can't be true!",
but there it was, goin "Blue, Blue, Blue!"

·
Smoky
1,191 Posts
I guess it's okay but not something I would buy. Buying a store bought chopper somehow just ain't the same :-( ! Maybe I'm just getting old! In my younger days I have owned two choppers, a Triumph 650 and a Harley that I rode quite a lot but that was what was happening then. I guess things just change and we go along for the ride!

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
That's just a VTX 1300 with a rake...big deal...just go to the VTXOA forums here and look at what some of the folks have created with their X's....a lot more creative than this...:roll:

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
That's just a VTX 1300 with a rake...big deal...just go to the VTXOA forums here and look at what some of the folks have created with their X's....a lot more creative than this...:roll:
Is the VTX 1300 a single pin crank? The Fury is. I guess this one can go potato-potato-potato:lol:...

Still trying to find horsepower and torque specs... price would be nice too...

It might look like a mini-bike under me...

·
Registered
858 Posts
If you want to see much better looking Hondas, just take a look at some of them on VTXOA.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
We expect slight increases from the VTX’s rear-wheel numbers of 59 hp and 71 ft-lbs of torque.

big deal

even dumbier than the rune adventure

at least the rune was a nice bike, except for the price

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
We expect slight increases from the VTX’s rear-wheel numbers of 59 hp and 71 ft-lbs of torque.

big deal

even dumbier than the rune adventure

at least the rune was a nice bike, except for the price
I'm trying to jog my memory a little but I believe that is less hosepower than my 1972 CB750K had! It does match real close to the current Non-Vrod offerings from Harley...

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Is the VTX 1300 a single pin crank? The Fury is. I guess this one can go potato-potato-potato:lol:...

Still trying to find horsepower and torque specs... price would be nice too...

It might look like a mini-bike under me...
Yes, the VTX is a single pin crank...nice sound if you go for that sort of thing, with after-market pipes...I loved my VTX when I had it...just love my Wing a lot more! The VTX was everything one could want in a V-Twin...especially with the single pin crank!

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
It looks very...how do I say it??? Assembly lineish...that's what I was thinking!
You would think they would at least get the fuel tank to fit over the frame.....

(Ohhhhhh, That's the style???) :lol:

·
Registered
780 Posts
I like it. Wish it had a wider rear tire and the 1800 engine but I think its neat. I hope they sell well. Wish they gave a price, or did I miss it?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Re: Honda Chopper

If I were interested in purchasing a chopper motorcycle....I certainly would be buying a Honda designed and manufactured by Honda Japanese engineers instead of some idiotic contraption fabricated by "The Three Stooges" (Teutels) in Orange County New York.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If I were interested in purchasing a chopper motorcycle....I certainly would be buying a Honda designed and manufactured by Honda Japanese engineers instead of some idiotic contraption fabricated by "The Three Stooges" (Teutels) in Orange County New York.
Agreed, I have worked on some "custom" bikes. Biggest problem is that so many parts are custom machined to fit it is almost impossible to fix when something breaks... but if you have $60,000 to drop on a bike I'm sure you aren't worried about it breaking.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ok, but aside from the new tank, someone wanna clue me in on the difference between it and the VTX?

Wayne

1 - 20 of 23 Posts