GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's all you need to know about GL1800 vs. a GTL1600:

1. Walk up to each model, lift the sidestand up, then let go of the handlebars.

2. Watch as each bike crashes to the ground.:22yikes:

3. See which one costs the most $$$ to get repaired.

4. Purchase the Gold Wing and ride home happy! :lol:

(i have my flame suit on now......):popcorn:

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
A little while back there was a video comparing the Victory to the Gold Wing and the Harley Ultra in a drop test, The victory won, according to them, so now are you going to sell your wing and buy a Victory??
Or try dropping a BMW 1300GT and see whats happens, or a Honda ST1300 or a Kawasaki C14 or a Yamaha FJR, That shouldn't be the only reason to buy a bike, You can buy fall over protection for the rest of them,

·
Registered
5,259 Posts

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
A little while back there was a video comparing the Victory to the Gold Wing and the Harley Ultra in a drop test, The victory won, according to them, so now are you going to sell your wing and buy a Victory??
Or try dropping a BMW 1300GT and see whats happens, or a Honda ST1300 or a Kawasaki C14 or a Yamaha FJR, That shouldn't be the only reason to buy a bike, You can buy fall over protection for the rest of them,
Hmmmmmm....Good point. Besides, if a GW falls past the crash bars that ain't gonna be cheap either. :shock:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Sounds like a dopey reason to guage a purchase, but that's just me.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Works for me!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
224 Posts
What's that supposed to mean? FWIW, many people are interested.
The point is: How many times will this be discussed? The results are the same: most people on this site only think GW are the ticket, some think the BMW are the ticket and some both. A bike is a bike is a bike - just ride tour ride if others don't like it then they can F themselves.

By the way, what does FWIW mean?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
The point is: How many times will this be discussed? The results are the same: most people on this site only think GW are the ticket, some think the BMW are the ticket and some both. A bike is a bike is a bike - just ride tour ride if others don't like it then they can F themselves.

By the way, what does FWIW mean?
For what it's worth...

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
That's similar to the procedure I use when deciding upon a car. I get them up to about 20, and run em into a bridge pillar. The one that costs less to repair gets the nod.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I know I like my GoldWing, but the BMW seems like a pretty nice bike too.

Why all the hostility?

I know I'd like one of those BMW adventure models as a second bike.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
BMW's don't get a free parking pass at DQ! :popcorn: Tom :biker:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
What happens if you sit on the bike and fall over. Which one causes your helmet to fall off. ??

·
Registered
559 Posts
Darn - I wish I knew about the Victory fallover test results before I bought my wing. What a dumb mistake I made. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I'd like to see a video of the test being performed!!!!!!

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,551 Posts
Well all kidding aside, the Wing does have pretty good tip over protection....it's been tested three times now on my bike and not a scratch. I think the tip over protection feature is pretty important with a big heavy bike like the Gold Wing, because sooner or later the bike will need it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
For the Vision "drop" test go to Youtube and search for: "victory vision tip over protection" less the quotes and watch the first result. I did see a handle bar video of a Vision that went down at low speeds on a slick road and it went over past the tip over protection. I guess the concept is to protect the bike from drops in garages and parking lots which makes sense.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts