GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all the folks looking for the best price on an Honda 4 year Extended Warranty, now is the time. As soon as the HDL sale kicks in, you can save 12% off of HDL's already low price.

If I needed one, I would not hesitate for a moment. Also, if I was going to buy a used GL1800. The extended warranty would probably close the deal for me. And if I was the seller, well it can only work in my favor.

Bulldog

·
Registered
816 Posts
when's the sale?

I've probably missed it, but when is the sale? I've been holding off on buying an extended warranty.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Chefs Texelent systems and the 2610

Bulldog, I was unable to make the reply work from your inquiry on the 2610, so hopefully it will work here.

I have really been busy and have not visited the tech board, sorry. We will have more GL1800 mount bars soon. I know Chef is out because we ran out of the cross bar part. If you order a Texelent GL 1800 mount bar and a Six-Hole Clamp from Chef, it will accept the Garmin 2610 motorcycle cradle when it is available. That was promised this month by Garmin. The Garmin part has with it a break-out cable that will feed the audio cable in the left glove box.

I would connect the power line directly to the battery through a 2 amp fuse. The reason is that otherwise, each time you turn the engine off, the GPS will have to reboot. It pulls so little power that your battery won't care if it is left on for a few hours, and when you put the bike to bed, turn the GPS off with its power switch. The poor quality photo of the Garmin saddle shows the 4 countersunk holes that align with 4 of the six holes in the Texelent Six-Hole clamp. Since no one has yet seen this part, we must actually wait for one to verify its fit, but the 38 mm by 30 mm pattern is a NEMA standard and the Garmin SP III as well as the Nokia Hands Free Cradle fit this pattern.

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
I wonder if Hal would allow me the privledge of paying the full retail of $699 for the warranty. :D Florida people are special, we don't get a discount on warranties! :(

I'm either going to trade bikes or buy a warranty before long! This is the longest I have kept a bike in upteen years! :shock:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wait a minute, that would be dishonest and unethical. Ahhh what the hey. I would do it for you easily. Bulldog :oops:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Local Dealer Price

I checked with my local dealer.He wanted $730.00 for the extended warranty. Needless to say I will take advantage of this sale and get one for $403.92. :)

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ron, you will not be sorry. And if you sell your bike in the future, the remainder of the warranty goes with it. Kind of like a selling point.

Bulldog

·
Registered
218 Posts
I agree about now being the time to buy the extended warranty, but if I understand it correctly, you have to provide the VIN. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for my replacement '04 to get here! Rep says its suppose to arrive by the end of the month, lets hope so I can take advantage of the discount.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I'll bet if you contact your rep he can provide you with your new vin # which would allow you to take advantage of the sale.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts