GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I received a letter from Honda reminding me that I haven’t purchased a extended warranty plan. I didn’t buy the plan when I bought the bike, because I wasn’t sure that I’d keep the bike and I wanted to shop prices for the plan.

The offer letter lists plans that extend the basic coverage for periods of 1 to 5 years additional. Plus the Roadside Assistance coverage will begin today. The additional 4 year plan is $1030 + $95 tax. The ISG that I had replaced earlier this year, would have cost quite a bit more than that, so I’m pretty sure it’s worth it for peace of mind and for added resale value, if I get rid of it before the plan expires. They even offer a 4 month payment plan.

Has anyone found a price that’s much better, before I send them a check?

I never used the extended warranty on the ST1300 and only used it for a starter on the previous Wing, but knowing it was there did make me feel better.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I’m waiting until the year before expiration to purchase a plan. I know, the price can go up but I’ll take my chances with that. You can purchase any time before the factory warranty expires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts