GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought an 03 & want to add air wings. I like the look of the factory Honda ones, but do they work well. Also, how do they mount ?

Thanks,
Robert \o/

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
They mount under the molding strip on either side, and come in two pieces each side, two flat mounts each strip. Also come with replacement bolts to fit the hex shoulder nuts on the bike. Bottom ones are adjustable to either deflect air out or scoop it in. They are well built, expensive, and I don't think they are very effective. I replaced the clear Plexiglas with smoked Plexiglas and made it about a half inch wider, and made the lower ones shorter so they would not bang into my shins while using the foot pegs.

For what its worth, I think a good set of Bakers are better. For sure, they are a lot cheaper.

If interested, do a search for REDEYE on the board and email him - he has a spare unused set of Bakers.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I find they work very well. I have the two top OEM Honda pieces as well as the lower Baker leg wings(mounted on the front crash bar) and Tulsa Hot Foot. In temps below 40 degrees they all make a difference.

For the Honda pieces( top two fairing mounted) they keep air off the hands and upper arms. They also reduce buffetting to the passenger. I bough mine on Ebay, new for $100.

Downside:

Paying full price would be hard
They detract from the bike's appearance IMHO

I remove them all in the summer and put on only the Tulsa mirror wings to keep buffetting off the SO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts