GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: Howdy all and merry Christmas to each of you! I am getting ready to purchase and install the Hondaline Audio Controller and Mic-Mutes. The reasons are to eliminate wind noise via the intercom and to give my wife some controller over the volume level from her headsets (she'll be going to earbuds in the spring). Can the audio controller be mounted on the RH side of the rear trunk underneath the RH 'pocket'? My reason for asking is that my bike is an '06 with the comfort package with the rear seat heating controller mounted on the LH side of the rear trunk underneath the LH 'pocket'. Secondly, are instructions provided from Mic-Mutes for connecting the two units together? I've asked the same question to Mic-Mutes; just haven't gotten an answer yet. The reason I'm leaning towards the Hondaline unit is the very awkward position/location (underneath the LH rear speaker area) that Mic-Mutes suggest putting its PPT switch. Does anyone have a better location suggestion for the PPT?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts! :)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I am looking at doing the exact same thing. Mic mutes and CB are ordered, still debating the Honda contoller. Despite the bad reviews it can be fixed and fits in nicely on the bike.

Trev.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That is the setup I have on my 06 with comfort package. The Hondaline controller is designed to be mounted under the right side pocket. The installation for each is simple and the work fine together. I also have the Kennedy cellset connected and all works great. Everything is plug in type connection. If you use a cellset be sure that the MicMutes are first in the line coming from the helmet mic plugs so that you can hear the phone ring while having the mics muted. The range for the Hondaline controller is not real big, but it works fine for my wife as she only wanted a little less volume.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Bruce,

If using our switch, a 1-1/2" - 2 " long piece of 3/8" rubber fuel line will allow you to mount the switch below the seat grab handle.

Insert the switch into the hose with the pushbutton sticking out of the end. Then insert the other end of the hose into one of the seat bolt recessed holes with the cable looped under the seat.

The Mic-Mutes instructions cover how to install and where to connect to the PTT switch. It's the same whether our switch or any PTT switch.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to each of you for your thoughts and opinions; its been a real good help to me!

Sincerely,

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Unless Honda has improved the passenger controller for the 06 and 07 models, I would pass. The version for the 01 - 05 models had very little volume control and was way over priced at $159.95. I bought the Big Bike/Show Chrome unit ($62.95 on HDL) after the inline Air Rider volume control fell apart. It works well and has a push to talk (PTT) button and a volume control that works.

http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/product.asp?pid=5790&str=4&ID=476968668

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Bret,

Not just the 01-05, but as far back as the 1500 years had the same problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts