GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a fender extension for my new 05 white GL 1800. I have read many notes from the members indicating cracked fenders due to these extensions.

I have a chance to buy the hondaline fender extension (chrome, I believe 3 inches long) for 60% off - store is closing. But if these babies crack the fender I will pass.

Any member have the hondaline extension??? Any problems?? Does it do the job??

Would you recommend any other fender extension that does not have the 3 hours BS set up??

Thanks for the information.

Zeebo

·
Chard Member
12,962 Posts
zeebo said:
thanks RED
That's all we could buy when the 1800 was first introduced. It was as useless as a screen door on a submarine. :shock: I like the Medallion ext from Big Bike. It's not huge, but it does a good enough job.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Red said it all, just as it was. Gave mine away when one came out that worked. Four extensions later (and no cracked fenders) am happy with a Bushtec.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
If you buy one , get the Honda or any and let your dealer install! When your Rear Fender {Cracks} Which, it will, it will be covered in "Warranty"! Mine has been covered under warranty, and installing new rear fender, the Dealer said mine was under stress and would crack again! I left at Dealer to find out WHY! They could'nt find any PROBLEMS, with no "HELP" from Mother Honda, but a record has been listed! 4 more yrs. covered!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Red said:
I like the Medallion ext from Big Bike. It's not huge, but it does a good enough job.
Wow. That's twice in one year that I've agreed with Red! :lol: I put this on my 1800 about three years ago when I got tired of cleaning crud off the front of the engine. No front fender cracks yet! It's not as long as some others, but seems like enough to prevent some problems I've heard others talk about. It's a whole lot better than nothing!

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
I think it was Quickdraw that had a broken fender tab on a BRAND NEW bike they found when adding something....

·
Chard Member
12,962 Posts
Son of Thunder said:
Wow. That's twice in one year that I've agreed with Red! :lol:
Can't let that happen too often John. We wouldn't want to see you reputation go down the dumper! :wink: LOL...

·
Registered
818 Posts
Have Fenda-Extenda on my 05. Approx. 6000 miles since install. No problems or cracks. Ride prety hard on various surfaces and timing cover,lower cowl stay pretty clean. Very light piece and fits well.
JMO

DEPUTY DAWG :cop2:
05 DARK GREY C.E.A.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts