GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a 06 and the seller tells me that he has a set of Hondaline Heated Passenger Arm Rests on the bike?

I have looked on the sites accessories and it does not show up as well as anywhere on the web.

If you have heard of them how much do they sell for?

John

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CyclinWing said:
I have the Hondaline Passenger Arm Rests on my bike, but they ARE NOT heated. To the best of my knowledge, they do not exist.

Jim
Jim,
I spoke with the seller again and now he says that they are unheated. I guess that the guy is trying to bump up the price. He originally told me that he installed the Hondaline Heated Passenger Armrests and that he paid $300 for them.

The bike was originally for sale for $18500 and he has pulled it a few times and now he says that he wants $19000 for the bike. I do not know if these accessories are worth that.

Also he has the CB/Nav/ABS/Foglights/**** O pegs and some Kuryakyn footpegs.

I would have the ship the bike which would bring the price up to $19500, I still do not know if its worth it?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm with Red...the bike isn't worth what he is asking. I purchased my '06 ABS for $19409 out the door (did not include tax, title, tags) from Carolina Honda. Great people to deal with. There are many deals out there for new GoldWings at the same price or less. Now's a good time to get a deal on an '06...just may have to do some searching to find exactly what you want.

Generally when selling a used bike, you don't recover the cost of most accessories.

Jim

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CyclinWing said:
I'm with Red...the bike isn't worth what he is asking. I purchased my '06 ABS for $19409 out the door (did not include tax, title, tags) from Carolina Honda. Great people to deal with. There are many deals out there for new GoldWings at the same price or less. Now's a good time to get a deal on an '06...just may have to do some searching to find exactly what you want.

Generally when selling a used bike, you don't recover the cost of most accessories.

Jim
Thanks for the info, also another thing strange I have repeatedly asked for photos of the bike from the seller and have yet to get anything. I reply to his his email and it bounces back. He did send me a scan of his title though.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kevin burton said:
does not sound like a good deal & maybe a scam
You know what that is exactly what has been bouncing around in the back of my head. If I were selling a bike the first and foremost thing I would do would have many clear photos of the bike available.

John

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
CyclinWing said:

Jim
I'll agree you don't get the cost of most accessories. But the bike he's talking about does have some including the CB and foglights. The accessories have some value - especially if the buyer would have put them on anyway. There's over a grand in options on that - all less than a year old. Given that, I'd say the bike is worth it. Not a great deal but a fair deal. I'd go the $18,500. (I wouldn't go the $500 jump though)

Shipping is a separate thing, in my opinion. Yes, it adds to the cost of the bike but the seller shouldn't have to eat it - the cost of getting the bike once it's purchased is the buyer's responsibility.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Not appreciated

First of all I am the gentleman JJR is talking about and I have been in the Military for 22 years and have served proudly and ethically and continue to do so and don't appreciate the "bump up the price" comment whatsoever.

I have over 300 posts on this board and have never cheated anyone in my life. I simply didn't want to give a bike away that is 6 months old, has 1600 miles on it and has thousands of dollars worth of accessories.

This person even said that he didn't believe I was in the military because he couldn't find it on MAPQUEST. I did back out of the deal once already because I would really like to keep my bike but it will only get older while I am away

Divemaster knows where I bought the bike and I have a hell of alot of nice stuff on my bike and regardless of what this person says I NEVER once stated I had heated armrests which is the craziest thing I have ever heard.

Anyway I am thru talking about this and have a buyer locally for the bike who will be here in the morning to pick it up and I didn't have to GIVE it away.

I apologize for my tone and have very much enjoyed my time on this board and I hope to drop in from time to time and say hello.

Thanks,
SFC James Arnold

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
James, I don't remember your bike being posted for anything less that 19 and honestly I thought that was a little high until you sent me the list and agree it is worth ever cent. I thought you had sold it when you pulled the add. I had sent Les an email when you put it back up for sale and he was out of town. By the time he got back i thought it was sold and told him so. If the Buyer does not take it let me know he is interested and may have another interested party. BTW David and I were talking about you at Abernathy's Sat if your ears were burning.

Again thanks for what you do and be careful in the sandbox.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Not appreciated

Jara97 said:
First of all I am the gentleman JJR is talking about and I have been in the Military for 22 years and have served proudly and ethically and continue to do so and don't appreciate the "bump up the price" comment whatsoever.

I have over 300 posts on this board and have never cheated anyone in my life. I simply didn't want to give a bike away that is 6 months old, has 1600 miles on it and has thousands of dollars worth of accessories.

This person even said that he didn't believe I was in the military because he couldn't find it on MAPQUEST. I did back out of the deal once already because I would really like to keep my bike but it will only get older while I am away

Divemaster knows where I bought the bike and I have a hell of alot of nice stuff on my bike and regardless of what this person says I NEVER once stated I had heated armrests which is the craziest thing I have ever heard.

Anyway I am thru talking about this and have a buyer locally for the bike who will be here in the morning to pick it up and I didn't have to GIVE it away.

I apologize for my tone and have very much enjoyed my time on this board and I hope to drop in from time to time and say hello.

Thanks,
SFC James Arnold
James,
Just to clear this up the home address that I got off the paperwork you sent me would not come up on mapquest. I wrote you a few times about it and you never told me why. You accepted my offer of $18500 and sent me some info and then backed out again.

Your emails that you did send me from work bounced back when I replied. I did ask you about that also and never got a answer.

Then you tell me you now wanted $19K for the bike this morning and if I wanted I could send the money today. You did also originally tell me that you forgot to post in you ad that you had a $300 Hondaline heated passenger armrests. You did finally clear that up this time.

If I lived close to you I would of been at you door with the cash the first time we spoke when you were selling the bike for the original price.

Best of luck no hard feelings,
John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts