GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else fitted this to their GL1800?

I specifically bought the Honda one even though its the most expensive because I felt it intergrated visually better with the bike than any other.

Anyhow, I've just spent the last hour or so fitting it and I'm seriously concerned now that I've bought rubbish. The variance in volume for the passenger from highest to lowest setting is so small it's not worth using it. I know highest volume is no louder than the master volume up front, but when I turn it down it makes only a very small drop in volume.

Now, before I condemn it completely, I only tested it with just my helmet plugged in... as my wife wasn't available lol. I'm wondering if this could account for the problem I'm hearing or should it work with just a helment plugged into the passenger position?

Thanks,

·
Registered
687 Posts
In my opinion, the Honda line passenger controler is very limited in its range. I took mine apart and made the modifications that where available on this board sometime ago. I will look for them but maybe someone will jump in and point you in the right direction, if your comfortable with a little soldering and fine file work. I just involes changeing out the pot and getting all to fit back in.

·
Registered
687 Posts
That's the one, thanks Cakeman. I will save it this time.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much guys, much appreciated.

Isn't it silly that so many components nowadays seem to have to be modified to make them useful.

Anyhow, thanks.

I

·
0 Posts
Why don't you just throw that POS away, and get the J and M passenger volume control, part number JMV-2A. In line plug and play with the rear audio cord and works like a charm.

Why try to make a silk purse out of a sows ear?

Ride safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts