GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like I read a while back that some had a problem with the HondaLine Passenger CB Controls.

Is anyone satisfied with them??

They look like a clean install, but if if they don't work I'll make my own.

Thanks,

Shooter Indy

·
Registered
276 Posts
Biggest problem/complaint that I have heard is the range of volume control. I ride 1-up most of the time but the few times I've had a passenger on the back they seemed to enjoy the PTT and I've not have any comments (from my passengers) about the volume control.

I have seen a decent write-up showing how to modify the volume control to give the passenger the full-range of volume control.

If you're interested shoot me an email and I'll try to find the posting in my archives.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving holidays!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Why spend $150 on the Deffective Honda Control when you can buy which ever functions you want be it Volume or PTT from J&M for 1/3 to 1/2 the price. :p

My Honda Passenger Control is in the trash due to it's lack of Volume Control and the PTT button locking up the Audio every time it's bumped. Went through two of those POS things and gave up. Bought the J&M Volume Control and it works great with full on to full off range. If the SO ever wants to use the CB I'll buy a PTT (Push To Transmit) button from J&M or make my own.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Volume control

Jerry,
I'm looking to put on a volume control for the SO. I hear Honda's is bad... I keep hearing that J&M has a great one but I can't find it on their site. Another site said it had been discontinued. Any ideas where I can get one?
Thanx
Bob

·
Registered
787 Posts
Bob,

I got mine by calling J & M directly. I think it was $49.99. I also see that Venco Wings has them listed on their web site for $41.95.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I bought my Hondaline passenger PTT/volume control uninstalled when I bought my Wing. Didn't get around to installing it for a few weeks. When I did, I was very disappointed in the lack of volume control range. My wife likes her music much more quiet than I do, so this thing is virtually useless except for the PTT. For that, you can get one much cheaper from someone else.

This is something that Honda ought to addressed by now, IMHO! Can't believe they haven't fixed it long ago, as much as people have complained about it!

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I have the Hondaline version. Would I purchase it again? Not in this lifetime.

I would just purchase the PTT from Gary & Mikey, and use the left over cash for some badly needed chrome...LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Shooter,

The Honda PTT is a nice compliment (looks factory) vs. the J&M (looks mickey mouse) to the bike and takes about 15 minutes to solder a potentiometer to give you full volume range. E-mail Brian Budlong ([email protected]) for the full scoop.

The Honda PTT switch and volume control works excellent with the Mic-mutes also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts