GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any member have the Hondaline trunk light and vanity mirror?? How effective are they with providing light to the trunk?? Any problems with the product?? Easy installation??

Your comments would be appreciated as I am planning to buy one of them...not sure if I can install both of them...not sure if the wiring harness allows this.

Thanks

Zeebo

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
The unit is easy to install, and has worked OK for me. Actually, my wife uses it to fix her "helmet hair" after we ride anywhere. The light on it provides sufficient light for that, but does not really illuminate the trunk (probably was not intended to).

If you want to make (almost) daylight inside the trunk when you open it at night, get the LED trunk light kit from Electrical Connection. I also have that installed, and, along with the power outlet from EC, my trunk accessories are complete and functional.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Yes, you can install both. The harness you need will accomodate both. The light works good, and the lighted mirror keeps my wife happy. They are both good products that work as designed. If I always rode alone, I probabley wouldn't have them. But since the wife goesa along, they are a necessity. I boght them for her. Good investment.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I only found two problems with the lighted visor/mirror. One is that the unit doesn't want to stay folded up when you shut the trunk and once Holly's opened and the light ran her battery down. I now keep a large rubber band around both of ours so they can not open up when the trunk is shut. I never ever use mine and would never get another one. Holly on the other hand uses it often. Just not at any gas stops or should I say when we are making time getting somewhere.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have both. They are good products and work ok. As mentioned above the vanity mirror doesn't stay folded, but that doesn't really hurt anything.
The trunk light provides ok light, not great, but enough to get by. The real problem with the trunk light is the mounting location. When we have the trunk bag loaded it catches when you try to remove the bag from the trunk. You can get it out it just takes a little twisting and grunting. I removed the light from the factory mounting place and re-installed it on the left side of the trunk with velcro. I left the remaining length of wire so I can remove the light and hav about 10" to direct the light where needed. Now I still have light and no catching the trunk bag. :D

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts