GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my Wing I also bought several accessories and had the dealer install them. One accessory item was the fog lights and chrome cowling. When the dealer called he stated the bike was ready however, the chrome cowling was not installed for it was on backorder. When it came in I could bring the Wing back to have the cowling istalled.
I received a call yesterday from the dealer who stated that he got a notice that Honda had stopped production/sending out the chrome cowling. There was nothing further as to what the future holds.
My questions are: Does anyone know about Honda stopping the production of the chrome cowling? If so, why and what are Honda’s future intensions for the cowling? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Just forget the OEM chrome version and go around it. There are several other makers out there and are probably cheaper.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I were to go after market any recommendation? In addition to Wingstuff.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Many times on these types of deals the dealer is only allowed to provide hondaline accessories.

My advice would be to find something else that is about the same price in the hondaline accessories and just sell it and buy one of the aftermarket cowls. Noone is making a rectangular light last time I checked, so maybe you are better off anyway.

Jason

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found out that Honda has indeed discontinued the chrome lower cowling.
I am looking at two aftermarket cowls: Show Chrome and AD-On Accessories.
I was told that Add-On has redesigned their cowl for a much tighter fit and look where it used to be the same as Show chromes’. Has anyone had any experience with Add-on’s cowling or any recommendations?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Have the Show Chrome on my 08 wing. No problems with fit that I can see. Has the same fit as the OEM grey one.

This is the best pic I have of it right now.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Mine is Show Chrome as well. i'm not sure I'd want a "tighter fit". It's a PITA to get off/on anyway. If ordering from Wingstuff, prepare for slow shipping... at least that's my experience.

I like Texas Cycle Chrome, but they don't seem to carry the cowl... I looked for you. You might try Show Chrome directly. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Add-On = $149 (DLP - pretty fast shipping and board sponsor)
ShowChrome, I assume = $89 (Wingstuff, and very slow shipping)

Your choice. Me... I like my stuff to come in before the next presidential election)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Show Chrome

This is Show Chrome on my '07 metallic black. From Wingstuff, and when I got mine it was shipped right away.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seems like Show Chrome is more popular. As for shipping from WingStuff I received my items fairly fast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts