GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am on the market to buy this product and I have a CD changer in the trunk. Looking at the picture of the wiring, it looks like there is a possibility to plug to install the soundgate and still use the CD changer, wich I dont want to depart.

The plug has a male and female connector making me believe that this option is possible.

Anyone installed this product and still have the CD changer

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Just going by the picture you posted that is also the way I see it...

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Hi,

I am on the market to buy this product and I have a CD changer in the trunk. Looking at the picture of the wiring, it looks like there is a possibility to plug to install the soundgate and still use the CD changer, wich I dont want to depart.

The plug has a male and female connector making me believe that this option is possible.

Thanks
Technically its possible you may have to change the address of your CD changer I don't have the instructions here but refer to them if you can, I had one of our MP3 units and a Soundgate on the same bike.

Try plugging both in before you do the following as the Soundgate may already have been programmed to a free address one press of the CD button on the radio will be CD changer one will be Soundgate but if not do as follows.

As I remember you have to hold down the number of the address you want on the changer 1-6 button while you turn on the bike that should set the changer to CDC2 the Soundgate will be CDC1.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just want to make sure before I buy it that the Ipod interface and the CD Changer can be plugged at the same time. There must be someone on this Forum that has both

Thanks

·
Registered
528 Posts
Soundgate has a Y adapter that allows you to install both.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Soundgate

Hi,

Does it has the Y cable that allows to install the soundgate and the CD changer at the same time.

If so, I would be willing to make an offer. I can get a new one for 124$ on the web.

I will be willing to pay around 75$ including shipping to Canada

Let me know if it is reasonable for you

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
I just want to make sure before I buy it that the Ipod interface and the CD Changer can be plugged at the same time. There must be someone on this Forum that has both

Thanks

Did you not read my reply?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes Pete. I guess it is gonna work if the Soundgate has the Y cable

Thanks

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hi,

Does it has the Y cable that allows to install the soundgate and the CD changer at the same time.

If so, I would be willing to make an offer. I can get a new one for 124$ on the web.

I will be willing to pay around 75$ including shipping to Canada

Let me know if it is reasonable for you
I will have to look when I get home today.

Randall

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Yes Pete. I guess it is gonna work if the Soundgate has the Y cable

Thanks

Only issue i see is addressing but you can change the CDC the Soundgate should have the splitter with it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

Thanks
I can tell you this that the ipod interface is ok but you do have to reset it here and there and it dosn't work with all ipods!!!!!:eek:4:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes the soundgate and your CD player will work
together. Just follow the install instructions. I had
an early ipod nano and handle bar control to go up to the next song or back to the last one was the only control that would work. The bottons on the radio would not work for the fuctions they where supposed to control. Now I have an iphone 4 and use the ipod on it and it works fantastic. I never listen to my XM or the regular radio.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ronny.....does your iphone 4 recharge.

I might look up on you if I have problems during the configuration. Someone told me I had to change the adress for Iphone and cd changer to work with the soundgate

·
Registered
361 Posts
Ronny.....does your iphone 4 recharge.

I might look up on you if I have problems during the configuration. Someone told me I had to change the adress for Iphone and cd changer to work with the soundgate
I connected my Soundgate to an Iphone 4 , just returned from a 3 week East Coast trip. It worked flawlessly and it does recharge!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good, that s is what I was affraid of that it will not recharge my iphone 4. That is good news.

Do you remember how you set it up for the first time. Did you plug your CD changer at the same time as the soundgate ???

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got my soundgate today and installed it with my CD changer.

Works flawlessly, took about 30 minutes, no configuration necessary

Even recharge the iphone 4

Tought I share this with you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts