GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just talked to Kennedy Tech and they said it will be about 3 more weeks before a hookup is available for the 2610 that will make it fully usable on the goldwing.
If I understand correctly, it will allow you to listen to the radio, cd, or auxillary and still have the GPS "cut in" so you can hear it either over the headset or through the speakers.

One question, is the RAM mount that goes on the clutch or reservior screws a good setup? I would like to put my GPS and my XM roadie on the same mount.

Thanks, mike

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I'm going to pick up a locking metal bracket for the 2610 tomorrow with the intent on making a fully metal dash mount for it similar to what I did for my SPIII. (Luckily, the distributor is local to me)

According to Garmin, their "hardwire" cable was in-stock, but I'll need to check that out for sure tomorrow. Worst case, I can modify their standard speaker cable/power adapter to tie it into the audio system.

I'm also working on finishing up a handlebar mount for this unit that will be solid and non-removable for those that want to be able to leave it on the bike for those short trips into the restaraunt, etc.

That'll probably come after the dash mount, though - just not enough time in the day... :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
About the Kennedy interfaces, I believe the choices are as follows for connecting a speaking GPS to the Wing audio system. Please correct me if I am wrong.

1)
Connect Kennedy unit into intercom system, plug GPS into Kennedy unit. You can listen to any audio source and GPS will be heard over intercom any time it speaks. In this configuration, you must leave intercom on if you want to hear the GPS.

OR

2)
Connect (different) Kennedy unit to AUX input, plug both the GPS and your Aux music source into Kennedy unit. Then you can listen to your Aux music source and the GPS will cut in if it speaks. In this configuration, you cannot listen to AM/FM/CD/WX and still hear GPS.

Does that sound right?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
kperson,

You got it exactly. Using anyone's interface to listen on the intercom causes you to also have to put up with the wind and road noises picked up by your mic(s).

That's were Mic-Mutes comes in by allowing you to turn up your intercom as loud as nessessary to hear your interfaced device (cellphone or talking GPS) and not listening to any wind and road noises.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts