GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 audio nav package on my wing.Yesterday had it detailed out because I'm still working with one arm. To day I'm out riding loaded with pain killers and the right trunk light comes on and tells me trunck is open which it wasn't but it just wouldn't clear. Opened and closed it checked the catches and made sure nothing was blocking the tracks. Still stated the door was open. Anyone have a suggestion?:shrug:

·
Banned
3,197 Posts
Working with one arm you're going to have a problem getting the bag shut "just right" to turn off that warning. With two arms you would place a hand at each latch area and close the side bag with a moderate amount of equal force on each side of the bag.

If you only have the use of one arm, I would try placing my elbow and forearm close to the latch area on one side of the bag with the back of my hand and wrist as close to the other latch as possible and then do a quick forearm up movement trying to put equal force on both sides of the bag.

Second option would be to use your good arm on one side and your knee on the other side and try to use equal force and speed on both sides of the bag.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 08 audio nav package on my wing.Yesterday had it detailed out because I'm still working with one arm. To day I'm out riding loaded with pain killers and the right trunk light comes on and tells me trunck is open which it wasn't but it just wouldn't clear. Opened and closed it checked the catches and made sure nothing was blocking the tracks. Still stated the door was open. Anyone have a suggestion?:shrug:
You need to get the insert out and get to the switch, The switch is either bad or you may be able to loosen the switch and adjust it enough to wear the switch is making contact. I have a 05 and my trunk did the same thing and I was able to move the switch just enough that it made contact. very easy to do. Once you are able to get to the switch you can check it with a meter to see if it is bad or if it needs adjusted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You need to get the insert out and get to the switch, The switch is either bad or you may be able to loosen the switch and adjust it enough to wear the switch is making contact. I have a 05 and my trunk did the same thing and I was able to move the switch just enough that it made contact. very easy to do. Once you are able to get to the switch you can check it with a meter to see if it is bad or if it needs adjusted.
You can also check it with the door open, You can take a long small screw driver that you can reach the switch and activate the switch and move all the way to the side. See if the door alarm goes away, if it stays on then your switch is bad, if it goes away then you should be able to adjust it. Be carefull rideing on those pain killers? Hope you get better soon

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my question would be where is the switch

I've seen the two holes where the brackets go in but not seen any kind of contact. Do you think it just got some water in it to make that contact? After it sat for 3 hours the light went out and stopped flashing. I mean I was riding up through PA. earlier today and it just started flashing 45 mintues in to the ride and the last time that side was open was at the bike wash yesterday. As far as the pills I've been on them since Nov.20th 2008 broke my shoulder bone I'm now at the point where it's not healed all the way and it's 3 weeks before they cut me just need to get some time in. Got the wing in June 2008 got 5000 miles on it and then this. Since then I've put 500 miles on it. The first 3 months went out started it up sat on the heated seat turned it off and back in to the house. Went and picked up a time-camper for it in Dec. brought it home in a trailer still haven't made it on to the bike. Maybe 2009 or 2010 who know's?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to say thanks

I've notice that there were 194 views at this problem and I just want to say thanks for all the reply's even if 1 of the 4 was myself. But you know if I spelled something wrong there would have been a greater number of crank remarks made.:mad1:

·
Banned
4,623 Posts

On mine, I just slam em hard. That clears em !!

JMHO :cool:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Just give it a nice hard kick...perferably with riding boots.....:lol::lol::22yikes:

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
Am I the only one thats wondering why he's out "riding loaded up on pain killers" ?
Mick

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Am I the only one thats wondering why he's out "riding loaded up on pain killers" ?
Mick
I hope he washed them down with an adult beverage to maximize the effect.:yes1:

·
Registered
201 Posts
My 08 will do the same thing sometimes. After it is shut I give it a moderate hit with my palm right by the latch and the light goes off right away.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Loaded with PAIN KILLERS !!!!!!!!

To day I'm out riding loaded with pain killers

The morgue is full of nuts !!!!!:eek:4::eek:4::eek:4:

Sorry Pal, but I had to say it !!

·
Vendor
21,890 Posts
DONT SLAM THE BAGS TO CLOSE THEM!

Two fingers on the outside of the door panel where the latch striker is will provide all the force you need.

All you have to do to extinguish the open door symbol on the meter panel, is put your hand on the lid after it is closed at the position of the latch and GENTLY PUSH on it. You will probably hear a CLICK as the latch locks.

It's usually the front one that doesn't latch, but sometimes the rear latch will do it to.

It happens because there is a rubber gasket on the door. All you have to do is PUSH on it a bit to get the gasket to compress and the latch will lock and the light will go off.

And no, you don't need to take the latch apart and "adjust it" or the switch. Leave it alone. Once you learn how to close them so the latch "clicks" you won't ever have a problem again.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just a quick word of caution here......Most states have DUI laws that are written to include drugs (legal or otherwise). If you are on pain killers and they can show you were influenced by them - you're arrested.

Not trying to preach at you, just a word of caution.

take care,
Paul H.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just to be clear

I use a pain killer that is applied to the out side of the skin that numbs the arm to the piont of of no pain. The ones they gave me to take internally don't do a dam thing for me. But just so you know there's nothing like a Jim Beam and Ginger to kill the pain!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts