GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the new cb seems to work, but when use the horn. It doesn't happen when I have the squelch set over 11. This doesn't seem right. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Are you saying that you hear your horn thru the headsets? If so you will not be hearing anything at all soon. I think you need to clarify your problem. I may not have the answer but I am sure someone on this board can help you if you restate the problem

·
Extra Spicy Seasoned Member
1,448 Posts
I have the same problem. Set the squelch above 11 or the horn will BLAST in the headset or the speakers. Others have had it also and I have not seen a solution posted.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Same here. I have the problem, but have not seen a solution. It scares the crap out of me every time as I like to hear the CB thru the headsets and have the radio playing thru the outside speakers. It isnt a clear horn noise, but you definitely know what it is. :(

·
Registered
605 Posts
Well they say you learn something every day and today was one of those days. It has not happened to me but the horn it the headset would sure get your attention

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm guessing here, but we know that the mic system on the wing is inductive. If you are sitting quietly with the intercom on, tap the top shelter with your finger and you'll hear that the noise will be picked up by the intercom system (you'll hear the tapping in your helmet!). So, when the horn blows it should also be picked up by the audio system. I'm thinking that at squelch levels over 11, the noise picked up by the mic is not enough to break squelch but at lower levels the noise is enough that it is passed through like a strong signal. Maybe?? :roll:

Surely someone with a much better understanding of how all this stuff works will point us in the right direction!

·
Registered
73 Posts

corbitt....i see you are from Tally...How 'Bout Them 'Noles!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey Blue Knight - I was hoping I could find an emoticon doing the tomahawk chop, but no luck!! I'm watching the noles right now, trying to get into the round ball but I prefer the oblong one!! How did a nole fan end up in NC?? Not only a nole fan, but one in my line of work too! Let me know if you head this way for a game.

Stay safe -

1 - 8 of 8 Posts