GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The volume of the horn on my '12 Wing seems to be significantly lower all of a sudden. Hopefully this is a simple solution, but I don't know where to start. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
There are two of them, one of them might have died . Check for power to each one if you have power but the horn does not work or sounds like a mouse in a tin can, you need a new horn.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
There are two of them, one of them might have died . Check for power to each one if you have power but the horn does not work or sounds like a mouse in a tin can, you need a new horn.
There is a large nut with a screwdriver slot on each horn. Loosed nut and adjust horn loudness. If that doesn't work give the horn a decent burial :bow:.
Even a plumber should know that :shrug::shock:.

·
IronMan
17,461 Posts
there down under cowl by oil filter -check see if connector came loose.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
There is a large nut with a screwdriver slot on each horn. Loosed nut and adjust horn loudness. If that doesn't work give the horn a decent burial :bow:.
Even a plumber should know that :shrug::shock:.
Once water and dirt and corrosion gets into the internal disc, not even a well calibrated torque wrench will fix it. I even tried my harbor fright torque wrench and it would not work either. :twisted:

·
Registered
3,000 Posts

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Once water and dirt and corrosion gets into the internal disc, not even a well calibrated torque wrench will fix it. I even tried my harbor fright torque wrench and it would not work either. :twisted:
Kit, you may need larger pipe wrench from "Harbor Fright":joke:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Problem solved. One of the wires had come off. Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Problem solved. One of the wires had come off. Thanks again guys!
Thank goodness you found an easy solution!

Our next suggestion was to get your hearing checked. ;)

What amazes me, is I think the horn is loud, but have come to realize it's just a basic "car horn" loud and nothing special. I still keep contemplating some good air horns, but don't want them visible.

·
Registered
679 Posts
If you really want something loud, find a 6 volt horn and hook it up. Just don't plan to blow it very long as it may blow a fuse or melt some wiring.

·
Registered
251 Posts
seperate them by unhooking the wires on one and listen...The one that don't sound so good remove and remove plastic cover dump water out dry out and reinstall.Both my 02 and 08 have gotten water in one of the horns...One could be bad but I have not seen that...Good Luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts