GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings,

i was out watching my GL sleep thinking about waking it up during the spring thaw.
remembering back to our last trip in the fall, we traveled many miles of gravel. looking at it now, with the seat off, it is covered with road dust from the fender forward over the gas tank.
i am wondering if there is any problem with hosing off all that road debris while the seat is off?
there is a major junction of electricals under a cover. don't want to cause any problems with the electrons.
my thought is that water probably gets there anyway when i ride in the rain, but is washing it down with the hose any different?

thanx for the help,
geek

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
how about a shop vac with a brush attachment....that way you are not washing the road grime further into the machine.... Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I will use a small wisk broom and a vacume. Rain and spraying it down directley with water is a whole differant ball game. Some rain will get under there but not like if you sprayed it direct. To each there own I guess, but I would be concerned with the electronics. I'm waking mine up next Sat, wake yours up too and bring her over. I'll fire up the air compressor and we'll blow the dust out of there..............50 next week-end here in Michigan.

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
I live off a gravel road so I know how much the grime can build up under the seat. I have been washing under there a couple times a year with a garden hose since I had a 1500 and have never had a problem. Just be carefull and don't get carried away.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I would just use a damp cloth to wipe down as much as possible, you should be able to get the majority of it clean!

·
Registered
645 Posts
I blow my off as oftend as i can I also live on a gravel road

1 - 6 of 6 Posts