GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

Just because I haven't much of a chance to ride recently, I would like to announce The First and Last Annual Something I Threw Together At The Last Minute Ride on Saturday, 01 October 2011. (Download the GDB file or right-click and "save link" for the GPX file)

The ride will start at The Haute Dog Carte (6070 Falls Road, Baltimore MD 21209.) The Haute Dog Carte is just a simple curbside hot dog stand so we will meet in a nearby parking lot at the intersection of Falls Road and Lake Avenue. (See photo below)

Meetup time starts at noon; we will munch up some dogs and admire the scenic view of wrecked washing machines and old car parts mired in the Jones Falls River.

We will be gear up at 1:00pm sharp to head for The White Rose Motorcycle Club (5252 Hillclimb Road, Spring Grove PA 17362) for the annual antique motorcycle show and swap meet hosted by The Chesapeake Chapter AMCA. (See photo below)

Ride time is one hour so we will arrive around 2:00pm. Folks from up north who aren't coming down for the Haute Dogs can meet up with us then. Parking will be in a vacant field so bring a kickstand support.

For anyone who is interested, the Chesapeake Chapter hosts a killer banquet that evening so anyone who wants to stay is encouraged to do so. (I am. Tickets available on-site.)

Please RSVP to leebrown (at) leebrown.org, or PM, or post reply.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Sounds like a great ride and who can turn down some dirty dogs, only to go and get dirt thrown all over the place as the bikes race up the hill. Should be a blast. I'll be thinking of you guys while I am sitting in a Church watching our God Child walk down the isle.

Have a blast and a dog for me. Don't forget the Ketchup.:thumbup:

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't forget the Ketchup.:thumbup:
I am bringing a big bottle of same in Will's honor. There aren't any swimming pools nearby, so I suppose he will have to make do by throwing it in the Jones Falls River.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Well Lee,, Once again that nasty four lettered word comes into play.
"WORK".. Yes I still have to do that..
I work this Saturday so we'll have to pass on this ride also.. But hope to see you all real soon.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Well Lee,, Once again that nasty four lettered word comes into play.
"WORK".. Yes I still have to do that..
I work this Saturday so we'll have to pass on this ride also.. But hope to see you all real soon.
Just open the doors and let them out....

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Lee, don't forget the pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts