GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of a down and dirty product that is made to easily/quickly cover your bike seat so the temperature does not become so hot that a hot dog could be cooked on it ? ;)

I did use our forum search engine but did not see post pertaining to this issue. I understand I probably missed it, but I'm just asking.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Sheep Skin

·
Registered
201 Posts
if youre talking about when youre not on the bike and the sun is shining on it..my wife got some ironing board material at the cloth store and made us a little cover for the seat so it dont get hot while sitting in the sun

if you want, Ill take a pic tomorrow

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have a small beach towel that was a give-away from Valvoline... I lay it across the tank and seat when I leave her sitting in the sun for any length of time.

No biggie if it gets stolen or blows away.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Add me to the list of those who carry a towel for that and other (cleaning) purposes.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I flip my walmart seat pad upside down, then flip it back over when I start to get back on. Works!! I also tend to lay my jacket over the seat/utopia. That works too!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I use the wooden beads. Lets air circulate to the nether regions. On long trips I lay a small white towel over the beads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts